Hopper 3 H373 update 04/24/2024

Dish says that it isn’t available for Hopper Plus right now.

Also, they list the available streaming channels:
  • 5 Star Max
  • A&E
  • ACC Network
  • AMC
  • American Heroes Channel
  • Animal Planet
  • Baby TV
  • BBC America
  • BBC News
  • Black Entertainment Television
  • Bloomberg Television
  • Boomerang
  • Bravo
  • Cartoon Network
  • Cartoon Network West
  • CBS Sports Network
  • Cinemax
  • CNBC
  • CNN
  • Comedy Central
  • Cooking Channel
  • Country Music Television
  • Cowboy Channel
  • Cowgirl Channel
  • Destination America
  • Discovery
  • Discovery en Espanol
  • Discovery Family Channel
  • Disney
  • Disney Channel West
  • Disney Jr.
  • Disney XD
  • E! Entertainment Television
  • Encore West
  • ESPN
  • ESPN Deportes
  • ESPN News
  • ESPN2
  • ESPNU
  • Food Network
  • FOX Movie Channel
  • Freeform
  • FX
  • FXX
  • FYI
  • Gameshow Network
  • Golf Channel
  • Great American Family
  • Great American Living
  • Hallmark
  • Hallmark Drama
  • Hallmark Mystery
  • HBO
  • HBO2
  • HBO Latino
  • HBO West
  • HGTV
  • History
  • History en Español
  • HLN
  • Independent Film Channel
  • Indieplex
  • INSP
  • Investigation Discovery
  • Lifetime
  • Lifetime Movie Network
  • Longhorn Network
  • Magnolia Network
  • Movieplex
  • MSNBC
  • MTV Live
  • MTVU
  • Music Television
  • Music Television 2
  • Nat Geo
  • Nat Geo Mundo
  • Nat Geo Wild
  • NBA TV
  • Newsmax
  • NFL Network
  • Nick Jr
  • Nickelodeon
  • Nickelodeon West
  • Oprah Winfrey Network
  • Outdoor Channel
  • Paramount Network
  • Pop
  • RedZone
  • Retroplex
  • RFD TV
  • Science
  • SEC Network
  • Smithsonian
  • Sony Cine
  • Sportsman Channel
  • Starz
  • Starz Cinema
  • Starz Comedy
  • Starz Edge
  • Starz Encore
  • Starz Encore Action
  • Starz Encore Black
  • Starz Encore Classic
  • Starz Encore en Espanol
  • Starz Encore Family
  • Starz Encore Suspense
  • Starz Encore Westerns
  • Starz in Black
  • Starz Kids & Family
  • Starz West
  • Sundance
  • Syfy Channel
  • TBS
  • TCM
  • TLC
  • TNT
  • truTV
  • TV Land
  • Universo
  • USA Network
  • VH1
  • Vice
  • Weather Channel
  • Women's Entertainment
  • World Fishing Network
Where did you find this list? On my Guide I see the following streaming channels:
  • Bonus view Westerns
  • 091-1 NOST
  • 091-2 Cowboy Way
  • 091-3 Lone Star
  • Bonus view Classics
  • 092-1 Electric Now
  • 092-2 The Bob Ross Channel
  • 092-3 The Film Detective
  • 092-4 The Three Stooges
  • 092-5 Stash TV the classics
  • 092-6 ACE
  • Bonus view The Movies
  • 093-2 Documentary Plus
  • 093-3 Horror by Alter
  • 093-4 HiYAH!
  • 093-5 Maverick Black Cinema
  • 093-6 Scream Box TV
  • 093-7 Glewed TV
198 Scap2
281 BBCN
290-36 CHRGE
314 HBOSG
315 HBOFM
361 GRIO
393 PRST

Reactions: charlesrshell
Right here

There’s an expandable “Streaming Channels” list. It’s supposed to be those channels that you can stream when you lose dish signal automatically.
Not complete. The complete list is in the guide where instead of where the HD and SD under the channel number, it will have the word "STREAM".

Not complete. The complete list is in the guide where instead of where the HD and SD under the channel number, it will have the word "STREAM".

The list I provided was for the Signal Protection channels only. Those channels normally received over satellite, but if you have signal loss, it switches to streaming. I did not include those channels that are streaming only (like BBC News, Channel 281), or those that have satellite for SD and stream for HD (like Grio, Channels 360 for SD/361 for HD)

The list I provided was for the Signal Protection channels only. Those channels normally received over satellite, but if you have signal loss, it switches to streaming. I did not include those channels that are streaming only (like BBC News, Channel 281), or those that have satellite for SD and stream for HD (like Grio, Channels 360 for SD/361 for HD)
Quite correct. Two different things.

Hard to say as it says "See the current list of channels that can be streamed via your Hopper’s internet connection:" which seems to be more about streaming only in general than Signal Protection channels as their list does include BBC News in the list as you did say in the post I quoted "There’s an expandable “Streaming Channels” list. It’s supposed to be those channels that you can stream when you lose dish signal automatically."

So just watching channel 152(MLB) when storm passed through.Lost signal and got familiar signal loss screen.After about 3 seconds the screen said"Live TV". and game was back.
I have no idea if I am watching internet or satellite-there should be a little red light on the front of the Hopper!

• Haha
So just watching channel 152(MLB) when storm passed through.Lost signal and got familiar signal loss screen.After about 3 seconds the screen said"Live TV". and game was back.
I have no idea if I am watching internet or satellite-there should be a little red light on the front of the Hopper!
Yep, love any kind of little red lite on the front of the Hopper.

Meaning what? Recording? iVOD?
It's a very old forum joke.Some people want a light on the front of the Hopper to come on when it's recording.I was jokingly propositioning it come on when using the backup internet.I'm sure we can come up with so many uses the little red light would be on constantly.I'll add IVOD to the list.

Will the Joey 3 also switch as the Hopper does?

I think if you can rewind, or go back 10 seconds or even skip, it's satellite. Stream will not allow those functions.