Homebrew Sat Turning Adjustment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I am having a very hard time homing in on IA5 from DC area. One of the problems is that when you give the dish a push, it goes too far. Has someone out there invented a device for smoothly turning a dish? Something like a lazy susan with ball bearings that would allow for smooth, continuous rotation?

loosen the bolts where the dish attaches to the mast a little bit. Haven't heard of this issue :)

as Ice said, loosen it up some, and dont push as hard.. unless the mount is damaged, it should move fairly smoothly

I did loosen up and it did help, but I am not getting a smooth "gliding" feel to the turning, adjusts in fits and starts. If you loosen too much, the dish tilts a tad. I bet there is something out there that would do the job as I envision it, will post if I find it or come up with something. Should really help for achieving that "perfect tune...."

Well, I'm with you on this one. I really don't see why they don't make a better system for controling the movements of he dish. I guess it would add to the cost so that is probably why. But it is hard to find that "sweet spot" where it moves, but not so loose that it can't be controled. Practice does help though.

smata67 said:
I am having a very hard time homing in on IA5 from DC area. One of the problems is that when you give the dish a push, it goes too far. Has someone out there invented a device for smoothly turning a dish? Something like a lazy susan with ball bearings that would allow for smooth, continuous rotation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Just a little experiment...

Invacom QPH-031 & DiSeqc or 22khz Switch ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)