Hispasat in Virginia

Status
Please reply by conversation.

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
This is a very odd question.....I am interested in programming from Spain. Hispasat C carries a satellite provider named Digital +. I honestly believe that this is the company in Spain that uses Echostar's receivers; I saw one while I was there two years ago.

Is it possible to receive the Digital + signal on the East Coast? I know that the signal from Hispasat can be received here, but, I really do not know how to find out if the transponders for Digital + are spotbeamed to Europe only.

Thanks to all who might be able to help!!!

Your right about Hispasat being receivable in VA. I'm in Roanoke and its one of my stronger signals. Unfortunately, PSB is right on as usual about the beam. If you come across other channels your not sure of, Lyngsat has a list of all the transponders for pretty much every satellite, and the locations the beam can be received.

BTW, for the Paquete Digital para América Mux, you can use the S-2 system listed here to subscribe to these channels: http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Systems.htm

As mentined in a previous post here, the NA beam is received all the way to MN.

I don't understand why they don't have Digital+ in the American beam? They have several Digital+ channels aimed at Europe according to lyngsat. Could there be a mistake and one of them is actually beamed at the USA?

Sadoun said:
I don't understand why they don't have Digital+ in the American beam? They have several Digital+ channels aimed at Europe according to lyngsat. Could there be a mistake and one of them is actually beamed at the USA?

I've never seen a channel labelled Digital+. Would it be listed under another name?

iammike said:
I've never seen a channel labelled Digital+. Would it be listed under another name?
The channel is not Digital+, that is the company. They carry channels such as Canal+ TCM España, E! TeleMadrid, TeleCinco, TVE etc..

Just did a blind scan of Hispasat, and here's what I got:

Telecaribe Colombia (logo on screen said En Vivo)
Redetv Sul
Manasat 1
Tele Rebelde
Educativo
Educativo 2
Cubavision International
Cubavision
MTA
TV Marti
Kuwait TV
C Canarias
Boca TV
Solo Tango
ETB (logo on screen said Canal Vasco)
TVCI
TVGA

Hope that helps.

Mike

For Miami FL.

Azim. = 110 deg
Ele. = 28 deg.
Skew = -58 deg.
Distance to satellite = 38890km

Always check the satellite BEAM to make sure it is pointing in your direction.

Methinks I'm out of luck on catching this bird, even with my elevation...

(Orem, UT)

Edit/PS: Not being able to get Hispasat, I made myself feel better by using the oh-so-fabulous Invacom to track down and lock in Nahuel1 ;) Take THAT, latin america beam! I got about 7 FTA channels and two test cards off it. Feeling inspired, I went way over west and found SOMEthing past Echo4; definate signal, but me with my Twinhan have no way to tell what. I threw numbers at it for an hour, then remembered Cascade's little Transponder Finder app. Now I'm pseudo-blind-scanning the mysterious bird while I sleep :D

Might be up to 10760 when I wake up :rolleyes:

xtra said:
What Is a beam and how do you receive them? Are there any here in NC that I can receive?

A beam is a reference to the signal broadcast by the satellite. Different transponders may be pointed in different directions. For instance most of the ones on Hispasat point towards Europe, but a few point towards the Americas. If you go to the link PSB provided, you'll see a column labeled Beam. You can click on the value in that column to get a map showing where the signal should be available. I can get close to 30 channels in VA, so if you have line of sight you should be able to get them in NC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Newbie question 2 unit 2 lnbs

New Trimax T-100 is it a blind scan receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts