Himalayan Cataract Project -- Rush HD

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Source

Voom Network's Rush TV, The North Face, GlobalGiving, and Serac Adventure Films have teamed up with the Himalayan Cataract Project to tell an inspiring story and raise money for a great cause. The expedition is lead by seven time Everest summiter Pete Athans and includes other members of The North Face Athlete Team: Conrad Anker, Kevin Thaw, Jimmy Chin, Abby Watkins and John Griber.

Michael Brown and Jon Kloberdanz of Serac Adventure Films will be headed to Nepal this spring with ophthalmologist Geoffrey Tabin to produce a High Definition documentary of this exciting humanitarian expedition. Outside Magazine's senior editor Nick Heil, as well as photographers Jordan Campbell and Ace Kvale will tell the story in print.

The team will visit the Tilganga Eye Center in Kathmandu as well as a remote Cataract Surgery Camp in a rural part of Nepal where Dr. Geoff Tabin and Dr. Sanduk Ruit will provide high level eye care to locals including sight restoring cataract surgeries in many cases.

After the eye camps the the team will travel to the Khumbu area of Nepal to climb new routes on a few choice 6000m (20,000-ft) and 7000m (23,000-ft) peaks. The North Face has joined together with GlobalGiving to sponsor the climb and proceeds raised from the ascents will go towards the Himalayan Cataract Project.

Cameras

Walter L. said:
Wow, this is really the kind of stuff that I like to see at Rush. I wonder if they'll take the HD cameras to the summit. That would be cool!!!
They Should They took I-max cameras up there before and they are bigger and a lot more film.....

Dog6869 said:
They Should They took I-max cameras up there before and they are bigger and a lot more film.....
Yes, but the I-Max cameras used on the Everest documentary were custom build to resist the low temps. I'm not sure if VOOM can affort the same.

Cinema Classics-HD: Avanti! 6:30pm & 11:30pm ET

HD Cinema (103): The Ambushers 6pm ET & 10pm ET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)