Higher speeds available....

Khandurian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Cocoa Beach Baby!
Well, I'm surprised noone has posted this here. So, I think i'll go ahead and post it.

While doing my normal browsing at the local hub, I happened to spy a new piece of paper sitting on a desk. BHN in Brevard county are now offering higher speeds if you wanna spend the extra money.

They have currently tested several of the brands of modems that they give to the techs to see which can handle it. Just about any modem can handle it.

The new speeds....

8mb downloads (active NOW!)
10mb downloads (still being debated, but is being tested)

Being the person I am, and what I do for the company, theres not much more I can say. However, I do commend BHN for upping their download bandwidth. I feel though, that they really have missed the boat on this.

When Fios comes to town, and it is on its way. Its gonna be a serious, serious, serious, (did I say serious?) serious blow to BHN. Why? The answer is simple. Fios will be offering 5mb download with a 2mb UPLOAD! for a mere 40$!!! They also offer 2 more packages.. 15mb download with a 2mb UPLOAD! for only 10$ MORE!

Thats right folks, 15mb download for ONLY 50 BUCKS!!! They do have another package, 30mb download with a 5mb UPLOAD. Now, this one I think is priced way to high. They want 200$ for that package. But now, compared to BHN, for 200$ you get 8mb download and only 73k UPLOAD! :eek: :no :eek: :no :eek: :no :eek: :no

You do the comparision. Will there be a mass exodus in Brevard County? You bet your sweet arse there will be. I already know of 300 people on the waiting list, and will drop BHN the moment its available.

Will BHN finally STOP being greedy in our area and head the warnings that EVERY sub-contractor is warning them about? I sure hope so! If not, their not only gonna lose paying customers, their gonna lose installers!!! The drama continues!!!

Khandurian.....

thanks for sharing with us. i have never had cable internet, just dls and now the 15meg package with fios. this news will make some brighthouse people happy.

Shaw Boosts Its High Definition Lineup in Winnipeg

mobile dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)