Higher or Lower?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ground mount is the best for safe, easy access.
Roof mount only if you need to get over some trees to see your sat. Otherwise higher does not make the signal any stronger like it does with a TV antenna.

If I have a single level ranch home, with no trees blocking line of sight, how high should the dish be mounted on the pole?

Mark

as long as your line of sight is clear then it doesnt matter.....you could mount a foot off the ground if the line of sight is clear....however if you are in an area that gets snow, then you might want to take that into consideration to mount higher because of snow build up on the ground

We don't get snow here. The only issue is that if I want to pole it, the line will be very long.
And as I understand it...the shorter the line, the better the signal right?

Mark

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get you a 8' pole and bury it in the ground 2 feet.

Most of the horse power of the system is the size of the dish and quality of the LNB. You can have a surprising amount of loss between the dish and the receiver and still have good results. Many installs have 100 to 200 ft or more of line and work well.

Is the a Ku or a BUD?
If Ku, Lowes or similar, have chain link fence posts that should 'fill the bill". If it's a 10 ft BUD, 5 ft showing above ground should suffice.

When I first installed my motorized Ku dish, I literally must have gone to the dish 100+ times tinkering and monkeying with it. I can't imagine working on it up a high pole or on the roof. Absolutely use a ground mount, if at all possible.

When I first installed my motorized Ku dish, I literally must have gone to the dish 100+ times tinkering and monkeying with it. I can't imagine working on it up a high pole or on the roof. Absolutely use a ground mount, if at all possible.
I agree! I cant count how many times i needed to put the ladder up against the garage to get to the dish for alignment.

I agree! I cant count how many times i needed to put the ladder up against the garage to get to the dish for alignment.
I agree also. I much prefer to have the dish near the ground. But sometimes we don't get what we want.
YardStuff12 022.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RACE TV on Amaz 1 61W 3996H 7501

Weak signal Galaxy 19 - 12122

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)