High audio levels - Sacramento locals

kwindrem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Has anyone noticed a HUGE level increase (10 - 15 dB) on some channels. As near as I can tell, the Sacramento locals are the ones affected. I was watching one of the local channels last night and the sound cut out for a second then came back much louder. It's still that way this morning.

I've tried rebooting my H3.

Has anyone noticed a HUGE level increase (10 - 15 dB) on some channels. As near as I can tell, the Sacramento locals are the ones affected. I was watching one of the local channels last night and the sound cut out for a second then came back much louder. It's still that way this morning.

I've tried rebooting my H3.
In the SF Bay Area I notice my local ABC station, KGO, as well as several others have a 10db gain over all the other channels. There is nothing you can do about it, it is how the station is sending the audio. Those with the lower gain are all Dolby Digital 5.1 while those with the higher gain are stereo.

In the SF Bay Area I notice my local ABC station, KGO, as well as several others have a 10db gain over all the other channels. There is nothing you can do about it, it is how the station is sending the audio. Those with the lower gain are all Dolby Digital 5.1 while those with the higher gain are stereo.
I realize that locals are often louder than other stations, but this is a recent change and happened DURING a program last night. I have my AVR set to turn on at a preset level and this is generally decent with locals, etc being SLIGHTLY louder than DD channels. Now, I'm needing to reduce the gain as much as 20 dB to match levels.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Hopper 382

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)