brittanygarden

Product Manager of Hopper, Joey, and Wally
Original poster
Staff member
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 22, 2021
Denver, CO
I’m back! 🙂

Most of you know me as the Analyst who oversaw our Android TV beta projects, prior to public launch. I’ve spent the last 18 months managing an escalations team on the Wireless side, but couldn’t seem to stay away from TV.

As of Monday, I’m now the Product Manager for all non-Android Hopper devices.

For those of you who don’t know me, I’ve spent the last ~10 years of my career with DISH, in various positions. Beginning as a call center Agent, to a Case Manager, an Analyst, an Operations Manager, and now a PM. I’ve seen (almost) every aspect of the business, from varying levels, and I’m ready to dive back in with our Technical Operations and Engineering teams to bring the best possible products to you.

I’ll pop in from time to time, so please don’t hesitate to reach out with any feedback or questions you have.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you!

Congrats Brittany! A quite accomplishment.

As Jim says please push the engineers to bring back 4X FF.

I was vacationing in Ohau in April and I used Spectrum dvr first time in my airbnb. Their device offers slow fast forward.
I would record shows and especially 6:30 pm network news. I would hit ff button once. DVR would hardly advance too much when ads were over. When it did few seconds ( say 3-4) it would rewind those seconds and you'd miss nothing.
I never experienced that feature even when Hopper offered 4X FF.
I wish I knew why Dish dropped that. 15X is way too fast with recordings.

Please consider. Thank you.

Welcome! There are several things I hope I can mention...

On the Hopper 3, it appears with 120GB free space remaining on the HDD, the Hopper 3 will think it's 100% full
With the Hopper+, there should be the screen modes added like Zoom, etc which was there without the Hopper+. Also, the PIP and where it can show multiple channels or DVR playback should be brought back.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I’m back! 🙂

Most of you know me as the Analyst who oversaw our Android TV beta projects, prior to public launch. I’ve spent the last 18 months managing an escalations team on the Wireless side, but couldn’t seem to stay away from TV.

For those of you who don’t know me, I’ve spent the last ~10 years of my career with DISH, in various positions. Beginning as a call center Agent, to a Case Manager, an Analyst, an Operations Manager, and now a PM. I’ve seen (almost) every aspect of the business, from varying levels, and I’m ready to dive back in with our Technical Operations and Engineering teams to bring the best possible products to you.

I’ll pop in from time to time, so please don’t hesitate to reach out with any feedback or questions you have.

Nice to hear from you, it's always nice to have your updates.

I’m back! 🙂

Oooh! I'm gonna be picking your brain!

But first, please ... PLEASE... do they have any idea on what may be going on with the poor Wallys? For Dish Outdoors?

The little fellas do NOT want to activate, and just running our customers round and round is just 'not great' customer service.

🙃

Reactions: charlesrshell
[/QUOTE] Ooh is this a thing? My parents couldn’t get theirs to activate after it being off for the winter, and I finally had them hook it to their regular dish on the house and it magically activated right away. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" />
Oooh! I'm gonna be picking your brain!

But first, please ... PLEASE... do they have any idea on what may be going on with the poor Wallys? For Dish Outdoors?

The little fellas do NOT want to activate, and just running our customers round and round is just 'not great' customer service.

Ooh is this a thing? My parents couldn’t get theirs to activate after it being off for the winter, and I finally had them hook it to their regular dish on the house and it magically activated right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been with dish for 12 years - needed faster hardware!

Streaming channels audio