Hex pids editor in Coolsat 8100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Has anyone played with the hex editor for video & audio pids on the Coolsat 8100? I'm noticing that the Coolsat won't enter low pids in the teens using the decimal manual editor it reverts to 8191. Maybe you can achieve low numbers using hex. Anyone play with this on the Coolsat or any other receivers?

well I guess we're all stupid then (like you'd post in the D* area when you call them and they cant answer your question)

I used the regular PID entry on mine when I had it...so to enter CW it was 101, 102, 101 and it worked fine with lower PID numbers (like 35)...

The CW works fine using the decimal editor. Low pids below 20 go back to 8191/8191/8191 That shouldn't happen, at least never did with my other receivers. I thought with the vast knowledge of satellite guys out there maybe someone may have had some experience with the hex editor. It's there for some reason. I'm wondering if an old version of software or a pirate version may be better. I know I have an eye patch version in the Visionsat and it blows away the factory stuff. If you search the web most Coolsat stuff I found is for piracy. I'm not interested in any hacking of pizza. I want to use the CS for its FTA capabilities for C & ku.

As far as the Direct forum goes, I give up... they're in their own little world. I notice that the same ones that give me crap are picking fights with others now, so it seems thats how some are. I'm wasting my time posting any of my views or experience there. Directs receiver has been off for a week except to use the tv guide for the HD masters I've been enjoying. I may put a stop on Directs service for as long as I can.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LNB skew vs DISH skew

What can I do with a dish work antenna installed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)