help with VIEWSAT XTREME FREE TO AIR reciver and dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arthur27

Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
oceanside
hello
i have a VIEWSAT XTREME FREE TO AIR reciver and a 39 inch dish with a 0.3 db lnb.i need help seting it up.i set the 10750 as LNB frequency. i pointed the dish with a satellite finder and got a 100% signal on gallexy but when i hooked up the reciver it is not showing any chanels.hear is the link where i bought the lnb and dish 39" SATELLITE FREE TV KU BAND DISH ANTENNA 36 FTA LNB - eBay (item 120562809469 end time Aug-25-10 21:54:29 PDT)

hear is the link for the reciever USED VIEWSAT XTREME FREE TO AIR SATELLITE RECEIVER FTA - eBay (item 270611994460 end time Aug-08-10 12:36:53 PDT)

i need help hooking it up because im a newbee and dont know much about ku band fta.

Which Galaxy satellite are you aiming for? And are you sure that lnbf is a standard lnbf, or could it be a universal type? Should be stated on a sticker on it someplace, with a LO freq listed. If you have that correct and still can't find a signal, I'd go back to the aiming of the dish. Check the firmware of the Viewsat, and whether or not the memory might be full-does it have a lot of channels on it? Do a 'factory default' or reset to clear its memory out, and then pick your satellite, set up the lnbf for that satellite, and try a blind scan. If your meter is working, and you are really on a satellite, it should store some channels, provided your receiver is ok and the cable, connectors are good.

hello
i have a VIEWSAT XTREME FREE TO AIR reciver and a 39 inch dish with a 0.3 db lnb.i need help seting it up.i set the 10750 as LNB frequency. i pointed the dish with a satellite finder and got a 100% signal on gallexy but when i hooked up the reciver it is not showing any chanels.hear is the link where i bought the lnb and dish 39" SATELLITE FREE TV KU BAND DISH ANTENNA 36 FTA LNB - eBay (item 120562809469 end time Aug-25-10 21:54:29 PDT)

hear is the link for the reciever USED VIEWSAT XTREME FREE TO AIR SATELLITE RECEIVER FTA - eBay (item 270611994460 end time Aug-08-10 12:36:53 PDT)

i need help hooking it up because im a newbee and dont know much about ku band fta.

Arthur,
We need to know which satellite, specifically you are aiming for, so we can give specific information.l

Basically, I'd recommend you forget the satfinder and use your receiver and a small TV out at the dish, as an aiming device. It would simplify your life a lot.

Once your dish elevation angle is set correctly for the sat you want to hit ( and it varies depending upon YOUR location ) , then the procedure is to bring up the hot transponder of the satellite on your receiver's antenna screen . Once the lnbf freq is set correctly, and the lnbf skew is set on the dish, you can slowly move the dish assembly on the pole in the area where the sat should be. When you get close, the Quality indicator will start to light up, and then your job will be to adjust the azimuth at the pole, and the dish elevation and lnbf skew, to optimize the transponder quality. Once you have the best quality you can get, then scan the transponders and you should get some channels.

Give us some details, and we can supply you with good numbers to plug into your system.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What satellite is this?

Is there going to be a RTV 2 channel?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts