Help with rural co-op local provider on D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ds650

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
I hate to leave D* for E*, however I'm a rural coop local provider sub. It's horrible! These people are clueless. E* has had locals in my are since Feb04. D* has had them since Oct 04 finally. My local co-op says I can't get my equipment until 05 & there is a long wait!!! How in the heck can I get Direct to "override" these guys? Is it possible? The local E* retailer uses the fact there is no co-op with E* as a selling point. No wonder! It really makes sticking with Direct tough. Any advice out there?

BTW< Direct says there is no such thing as a retention dept. to keep people on.

Didn't DirecTV get rid of all exclusivity agreements with rural co-ops? Have you tried just calling 1800-DIRECTV and telling them you want to switch to them instead of your co-op?

May be worth a try.

Casey

I've called D* twice & told them if they don't switch me over I'm leaving for E*. They said I was out of luck & stuck. Basically my co-op services me & not D*. Needless to say the service blows.

If you were a 'new' customer would you need to go through the co-op or could you just to anywhere and get D* service? If you can do that maybe cancel and sign up again using your wife, brother, father, etc as the name on the account.

wow! Thanks for that number! I got Direct coming out on Thursday the 23rd! I get my locals & Tivo.

I tried to cancel Dish & they fight it, they offered to give me a month free programing also. I thought about trying it though too now that the 522 has NBR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sony A50 with oval dish

Unique IR codes for 2 Tivos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)