Help with re-directing dish.

muldertx

Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
I am going to re-direct one of my dishes. I am not sure how too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

muldertx

Way too generic of a question. Specifics, please. ALL of them. What? Why?

Note: If you do not know the difference between a Twin and a Dual, read posts until you've got it - there's a certain basic knowledge level required to git-r-done.

That's ok it is really a generic question. I am going to point it for Sky Angel. It is a second dish I had for locals but really not any locals. How would I use my tv to do this. Make sure I get it pointing correctly etc.

Let me know if you nedd more info.

muldertx

I would go to the dish signal screen (menu,6,1,1) select the 61.5 satellite, select dish 300, type in your zip code and it will give you your elevation and azimuth for your location. Then use a compass to see where your dish needs to be pointed. Adjust the elevation on your dish using the scale and fine tune your signal using the dish signal screen. One tip that may help you; get 2 seperate phones, call the other phone and place it by your tv speaker. Now you can listen on the other phone for the signal tone. I found this is alot easier then yelling at my wife and getting mad! A satellite signal meter makes this tip pointless.

Good luck,

MountainMan

Nice post MM1 - just what mountains are you in?

One note - a "generic" signal meter only goes so far - I always do the final peaking using the receiver's on-screen meter.

Lost Signal.. New Tv???? Help

Dish Network Tech Chat (Feb 21st)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)