KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Hello all I have been a member for awhile and I am a installer/retailer for E*.
I have sort of a problem. I live and in stall in WNC. Here we get our locals on 105. I have a customer who has americas Top180 and locals on 105, they have a super dish to get all that, I know I set it up. Now they want sky angel off of 61.5 ok. So I read the thing here about mad scientist here who hooked up five sats. I have been trying to order a DPP 44 from E* for a week and a half now and they are out of stock. I have read here in these posts that you can cascade a dp34 and dp21 to get 4 sats, I have tried it numerous ways and it don't work. I will keep trying to get a dpp44 but for now is there in help any body can give me.
Customer has 311 Receiver and Super Dish and DP34 of couse I hooked up a dish 300 with dp lnb looking at 61.5 with no results.....Plse Help if u can..?????? :confused: :(

DP-44 is the only way you will be able to get this to work to my knowledge. I know that they are supposed to have a DishPro Plus twin available soon if not already but dont think that would help you in your situation, only with someone wanting to just hookup an additional satellite to the Dish500 without an external switch.

4 sat with superdish

You can do it with a DP21 switch. Cascade it to the DP34 just like a SW21 and a SW64. Lots cheaper than a DPP44.

How many receivers does the customer have? If more than one will the customer want to view Sky Angel/61.5 from any receiver? Cascading a DP21 to a DP34 will work but for a single output only, you would have to add multiple DP21's for more than 1 receiver at which point a DPP44 is worth the expense.

Jason

They have 3 Rx's, but only want to view sky angel from 1 veiwing location.
Also as I said before I have tried a dp21 withe the existing dp34 and I did put it on port #1, even tried it at the shop. It didn't work there either. All it says when you do a switch test is:
Switch: DP21
port 1 shows an X and port #2 says 61.5 all.
It isn't detecting the dp34 on port 1, I even tried swapping the ports, didn't work there either.

Thanks for all the replies and help

I have tried with a 811, 311, and a 301. It don't worked cascadeding a dp21 with a dp34, I know some say it works, but I can't prove it. I think the dpp44 is the way to go, just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong with the dp21+dp34 combo, but I don't think so. I wonder if anyone has ever really got a dp21 +dp34 to work for 4 sats or is it just heresay, going to wait till E* has dpp 44's in stock and be done with it. I assume that is why they made them. With 119 and 110 being the mains and some having 105 for locals and the rest wanting cbs HD on 61.5 or Skyangel they need it...
Thanks for all replys

Ok just for info, I now have a DPP44 form E* it works fine, but
I kept playing with things just too see what I could do.
I tried a 311 before, didn't work, don't know why?
I tried a different 311 today and it worked fine with the dp34+dp21 cascade.
???? :confused: ...Oh well... but it does work in some receivers.
So I tried 3 different 301's with the new software again just to see, and no go.
Now I must try with 811, I know the 811 is weird, but I will try.

Later all
ke4est

Green Bay Locals

How do dvd recorder owners hook to their 508 and HDTV ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)