Help w/Directv-internet combo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ken Oilschlager

Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
I am new to the world of satellite stuff so I have a few (probably)dumb questions. I need a TV/internet satellite set up and I don't want to have to purchase new stuff or go through the contract business. There's lots of Direcway and other gear available at great prices...but i do need some help:
Can a Direcway 6000 modem be hooked up to any Triple LND dish? (or does it have to be a proprietary Direcway dish?
Can I just get one of the gillion Triple LND Phase Three dishes available on ebay and connect a Direcway 6000 modem and a DirecTv tuner and have at it? Or is there some special connection needed at the dish in order to hook up the internet modem? Direcway makes a big deal about it's triple lnd adapter at $150.00....seems like I can just buy another Triple LND dish??????

Given this best of my knowledge scenario, can somebody give me a list of what I will need to scrounge up? Thanks, Ken

DIRECWAY requires a very special antenna dish system that has a microwave radio transmitter on it to upload your request to the Internet. So no DIRECTV dish would work.

You could get a DIRECTv upgrade adaptor to intergrade DIRECTV onto a DIRECWAY dish.

The DW6000 has just been discontinued and we are now installing the DW7000, which is faster and more reliable than the DW6000.

It's best to keep the two services on separate dishes and cheaper.

Call my company to discuss all of the details and your options.

Good luck.

-Robert

as the prev poster stated.

NEVER use the adaptors on a dway dish...use a seperate DTV dish.

not only is the DWAY h/v polar (not dtv compatible even for recieve) it doers have to send signal up to the sat...you could probably warm your hands by putting them a few meters in front of a dway dish!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Moving question: multiple dishes

Installation Problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)