Help to find satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lrnielsen

Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I just purchased a Pansat 2700A. I need help to find what satellites will provide the most free channels..I have been told that Galaxy and Intel(??) are the best..I cannot find these satellites. We are currently at Quartzsite AZ Zip Code 85346 and will soon be returning to Canada Brooks, Alberta which is straight north of Great Falls MT. If anyone can help us would be appreciated..we are quite frustrated at this time as all we are able to pick up is advertising channels on Echo and Nimik.

Intelsat Americas 5 (IA-5, or sometimes called by its old name Telstar 5) has about a hundred free, mostly ethnic-programming channels at 97w. Galaxy 10-R at 123w has plenty of English language (and some Spanish) network affiliates, perhaps the best FTA satellite up there. What kind of system (receiver, dish, LNB) do you have? You will need at least a 30 inch dish to pick up anything other than the few free Nimiq and Dish Network channels.

Last edited:
Our dish is a Winegard 18". Our receiver is PanSat 2700A..If I understand your message correctly, our dish is not big enough to recieve any free channels other than the advertising ones that we currently can get. Is this right?? Thank you

I have looked on Ebay and found Dish 500 that states that it works well for FTA Pansat and Coolsat. There is no dish size listed..Do you know if this is a 30" Dish? Or could you tell me what kind to look for on Ebay...thank you

a Dish500 will not work. Its only 20"

People say it works "well" because they're using it ot steal Dish Network. That isn't free to air...thats "I wanna steal"

I went around looking for Primestar dishes and went from there. I have two at home in use, one being on IA5 (T5) and the other on G10R ku. I use two round PS dishes at work in the cable system, one on F1R ku and the other on AMC 1 ku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pentagon Channel problem

Moteck sg-2100 rotor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)