Please reply by conversation.

snathanb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 26, 2004
DFW
Hi!

After having my basic motorized system up for a week, I decided to add my circular LNB to pick up NASA.

I had no problem picking up the signal and got the circular LNB mounted beside my linear one.

Now... I have to use a switch.

I ran from receiver->motor->switch->lnb 1 linear, lnb 2 circular.

Problem is, I can't get the motor to move.

Now... if I go into the fortec menu for setting up the satellites, I can select USALS, then MOVE and it will actually move to the satellite position, and I can see proper signal on both LNBS.

So... the switch is selecting the proper LNB, the motor works, the cables are ok... but when I try to change channels from one satellite to another, it flashes "Moving to blah, blah, blah", but it doesn't actually do it.

If the receiver is set for USALS, it should move when you switch satellites. It does for the Pansat.

The diagram you have is right...receiver..motor...switch to LNB's

Yeah... well, a reset of the motor and a factor reset on the fortec got in going... finally!

Thanks!

oh yeah...forgot to mention

If you change anything on your setup (add or remove a switch or LNB)
Turn off the master power...
make the change
Turn master power back on

Those E* satellites sure are easy to find a signal on compared to all the FTA stuff....

I need to check my cables because I could not get any signal via the switch. I have my dbs and universal lnbs mounted and both work when I run the cable from either of the lnbs to the motor. When I add the switch, I get nothing. I need to check the cables that I made if I have some extra time tonight.

My real question is what do I need to do to receive the satellite signals once I get both lnbs working via the motor and switch. Will I need to select the satellite that I want with the motor and then switch my receiver for that satellite from the motor to DISEQ A for linear lnb or DISEQ B for DBS lnb?

My receiver does not have USALS. Thanks.

What kind of receiver have you got? Not all of them will support a switch and motor at the same time.
If you do not have USALS all you need to do is enter the coordinates of a live TP. then motor over until you see signal quality, store the position and you are done. If your receiver will not support the above a simple A/B switch would work.

Iceberg said:
PSB,
Above he mentioned a factory reset on a Fortec

Actually... I mentioned a fortec... someone else has entered the thread with a similar issue... mine was resolved....

Iceberg & PSB,
I have a Traxis DVB 2500.
Maybe I'm wrong, and I do have USALS, but I didn't see anything in the documentation about USALS.

One more thing I discovered. even if I bypass the motor altogether and use only the switch, I still get no signal. Either the switch is bad, or it is not compatible with my system. It might also be possible that my receiver has a problem with the switch. My Traxis has settings for a DISEQC A,B,C, and D and a motor.

the switch is 4x1 switch DiseqC 2.0.

With a motor installed, would it be possible to mount the dish to a wall, or does it have to "stand" on top of the motor?

Thanks.

That's it then, unfortunately the Traxis will not work with both a motor and a switch at the same time (Both are seen as DiSEqC switch). The Traxis does not have USALS, it uses DiSEqC 1.2 to motor the dish.

http://www.usals.info/inglese/home.htm

A motorized installation will work well against a wall, as long as you make sure to set the limit switches on the (SG2100) motor, to make sure it never comes in contact with the wall : )

The Traxis is a great wee box with a beautiful picture, I remember the days when thats all that mattered : )

I ordered a new receiver, but I think I know a workaround which will still allow me to use the Traxis once my new receiver arrives. I currently have two single lnbs and a DBS lnb with two outputs on it, so, in theory,I'm thinking I could do the following:

Fortec > Motor > Switch > LNB1 and DBS (using one of the outputs)
Traxis > Switch > LNB2 > and DBS (using the other output)

I would need to run a second cable into the house for the Traxis. I'll place the Traxis on another TV. Whenever I move the dish using the Fortec, the Traxis should be able to pick up the same channels. The downside, of course, is that the person watching TV via the Traxis is at the mercy of the person using the Fortec since it will control the motor.

Because I'm using a 30 inch dish, adding the second LNB for the Traxis may not produce the best reception. I may need to get a new lnb with dual outputs.

You know . . . this hobby is becoming addictive :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Coship CDVB5300B

I Need Help On Ia5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)