I want sat tv in 2 rooms
i want mainly intelsat5 and big networks like nbc

so far im thinking the right setup is:

1 fixed 76cm dish for intelsat5 w/ dual output lnb
and
1 motorized 76cm dish for other sats w/ dual output lnb
2 pansats 2700 1 for each room
2 diseq

so the idea is each room has access to both dishes.
now what happens if i select a chan located on amc4 in my room
and my friend selects a chan located on amc3 in her room

will the motorized dish go crazy ?
and why buy dual output lnb $$$, couldnt I put a splitter on the cable coming from the lnb ?

Thanks much :)

Ahh that isn't too wierd of a setup.

Basicly - only one reciever can control the motor so you have to pick one reciever to be the one that will be able to control the motor.

If one reciever will be used mostly for IA5 I'd setup the other for motor control.

You'd still need a dual LNB to split it to multiple recievers because of the polarity switching. This is EXACTLY how D* V* and I assume E* do it for multiple reciever setups.

The motorized dish will pick diseqc positioning commands from the cable that would feed through the motor-- yes you can have dual LNB but the motor is has only one input socket. So only one receiver will be able to control the motor, commands from the other will go nowhere (will be ignored).

The main reason you don't usually use splitter is that LNB is an active component and is powered up by the receiver through the cable. If you try to connect both receivers to the same cable with splitter that passes DC you will create a parasite circuit, which is very likely to fry one of your receivers.

Sometimes a special kind of splitter can be used-- the one that passes DC back from one output and blocks it from the other. This setup can work but it's rarely used because of the 2 reasons.

1. One receiver must always be on to provide the LNB power.
2. Usually LNB voltage is used to select current LNB polarization (13v for H/L and 18v for V/R, if I'm not mistaken). If only one receiver controls LNB power it is impossible for 2 receivers to simultaneously receive programming from 2 transponders with different polarization. On the other hand, dual LNB essentially contains 2 independent receptor/heterodyne/amplifier combos that are (in theory) totally independent from one another.

Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

A few pictures from the Satellite Expo 2005

Singal levels on G10R

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts