Help: MCE 2005 and two Receivers????

ylinen

Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
I just upgraded my Windows Media Center to 2005. It now supports two tuners and two receivers.

I have it set up in my Media room. I only have two coax cables running to the media rack.

Currently I have a Dish 6000. It has one coax from the Sat Antenna and the other coax to the OTA.

I also have a Dish 508 in the family room and have I think SW21 to split the LNBs for the two receivers.

I now want to add a 3rd Receiver where the 6000 is.

Have some questions:

1. What switch do I need to support 3 receivers and 2 Dishes?
2. Is there a way to use the same coax to carry both the Sat and OTA to the 6000 so I can use the other coax for the second receiver?
3. How should I configure the Sat Dishes, OTA Antenna, and Switches for this type of config?

It sounds like you have legacy equipment. I'm a little confused about your SW21 statement, unless you mis-spoke and you have two SW21's, one for each receiver. If that's the case, then:

1a) you can either replace your legacy SW21's with a legacy SW64, or
1b) get a dishpro quad lnbf and a legacy adapter for your 6000. No switch needed, just run direct from Satellite to each receiver with the adapter in place for the 6000. This has the advantage of bringing you up to the newer dishpro technology.

2) yes, you can use a diplexer to add the uhf signal to the satellite signal cable, and a second diplexer to undiplex it before the switch mentioned in 1a or the adapter mentioned in 1b above. Diplexing will introuduce some signal loss though, usually about 3db. A signal amp can remedy that.

3) That's sort of answered in 1 & 2. If you're still confused, ask again and I (or someone else) will try to clarify.

Program Guide download

Anyone else experience this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)