help identify LNBf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotrodamd

Original poster
Dec 31, 2007
i need help identifying an LNBF. it has a sticker but i cant read all of it, but ill try my best to describe it.

it is a KU type made in the UK. has the following numbers on body 1303-10052 then on the neck right before the eye part it has this number 10102 V2

the sticker has this (as far as i can tell) K/5/0001458 dont know if that part number, stock number or?
next it has GMT039503 (last number could be a 6 or 8 dont know for sure, sticker ripped there.

i guess i would need to know the freq and hz most importantly to get my system set up. (coolsat 5K).

ku-lnbf.JPG

i also wanted to point out this is something im trying again after a previous failure but now i have time a different dish and the will to figure it out.

i would however like to ask the opinion of a few as to which would be the easiest sat to hit when setting this up? and/or which sat most people prefer to watch. (as in im in central/southern ohio) like locals, movies and old stuff.

thanks for any help. i appreciate it a lot.

If this is your first time to aim a dish and set up a receiver for fta, I would suggest a satellite with a lot of active channels. I'd go for 97W, since it has about 225 channels, then once you learn how it all works>check The List, top of the page here, to look at some of what else is available up there. I watch all over the arc, so I can't say I really have a favorite.
edit: As for the lnbf, no idea. If it came from UK, no telling what it is. You can get an lnbf for 10bucks or less from one of the sponsors here, at least you'd know for sure that you have a linear lnbf. Then setting up the receiver for it is a cinch.

If its made in the UK more than likely its a Universal

Use Universal 9750/10600 as the LNB Freq

Searching turns up that this is an Amstrad SLB1

C&P:
SLB1 is single band output unit with 10 GHz LO that was designed to cover 10.95 - 11.7 GHz

so it wont even work here then since he needs it to go to 12.2

it basically covers low band (10.7-11.7)

Searching turns up that this is an Amstrad SLB1

C&P:
SLB1 is single band output unit with 10 GHz LO that was designed to cover 10.95 - 11.7 GHz
Sounds about right may have been used for the Eutelsat or Arab programming birds since they use those freqs.

Last edited:
ok, someone told me i couldnt use it cause it was analog therefor it wouldnt pick up digital signal but someone else i know said theres no such thing as a digital of analog KU LNBF so thats where my confusion starts. lol.

i appreciate the help. btw, i have a wild blue dish someone told me i can use that with its LNB to get KU, is that true?

and thanks for the tips, 97 was one i noticed that a lot of people recommended for aligning the dish so the confirmation gives me confidence i can make this work. :)

Any lnbf will work for analog and digital. The part of the band of frequencies that lnbf is designed to receive is 10.7 to 11.7 Ghz. (used in Eu, Aisa, the Mid East) The part of the Ku band used here in N.A. is 11.7 to 12.2 Ghz. So it won't work. A Wildblue dish and LNBF will work, although the dish is smaller than the recommended minimum size. Although it may receive some of the stronger transponders. The settings for the Wildblue lnbf should be Standard, L.O.= 10750

ok, someone told me i couldnt use it cause it was analog therefor it wouldnt pick up digital signal but someone else i know said theres no such thing as a digital of analog KU LNBF so thats where my confusion starts. lol.

The LNB doesnt know if the signal is analog, digital DVB, digital DVB-S2, digital DC2. It just picks up the frequencies.
The receiver decides what to pick up ;)

Any lnbf will work for analog and digital. The part of the band of frequencies that lnbf is designed to receive is 10.7 to 11.7 Ghz. (used in Eu, Aisa, the Mid East) The part of the Ku band used here in N.A. is 11.7 to 12.2 Ghz. So it won't work. A Wildblue dish and LNBF will work, although the dish is smaller than the recommended minimum size. Although it may receive some of the stronger transponders. The settings for the Wildblue lnbf should be Standard, L.O.= 10750

you mean hughesnet ;)
the 7000 and older systems were ku
the 9000 is ka and will not work
all wildblue is ka
i carry all 3 certifications :)

cool, next time um up north ill run to sadun and get me an LNBf . thanks you guys i appreciate the help. will be back soon im sure. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Using FTA Dish with a Dish Network Receiver

What is up with my Openbox and 4:2:2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)