Help ID this Norsat LNB or LNA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jullius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
La Crosse, WI
I pickedup a 90cm dish today (will post pictures of the dish soon) with a norsat 2000 A Ku - model # EPS-020 LNB on it. Or is it an LNA? I'm out of my league here. Just wondering if this is useful as all for KU reception or not.

Thanks

Attachments

• 05291416.jpg
    05291416.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 344
I had pretty good luck finding out about a norsat product by emailing their microwave products technical support address.

see

www.norsat.com/support

Using the info on the LNB label, I asked them for a data sheet .

I use one a lot like that for sat 83 RTN. It is only one polarity. But it works well.

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 289
yes it works with either H or V depending on which way its skewed. You would turn the LNB 90 degrees to get the other polarity

Does that mean it can be V or H but depends on how I skew it? I was actually thinking of using it for 83W as well.

Use your hands to change polarity. The neck of the feed will probably turn in the holder when the screws are loose.

It would be a good choice for that application. Seems to me that most of the stuff worth seeing on that bird is horizontal polarity.

What I did was to use the color bars on 11775 to get the dish alignment and skew close. Then switch to the RTN freq and twist it until you get the best signal quality.

If you are still having trouble seeing RTN then (as many people do) you might also fine tune the dish alignment using the RTN freq in your receiver.

Some people will say that you need a bigger dish than 90cm. But I get RTN with a 87 CM ADTH dish. YMMV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

"networking" the Coolsat 8100

question on 101 sattelite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)