Help Downloading Coolsat firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unzipping may have been the problem. I switched from my laptop to the desktop (that I know has winzip) Thanks to everyone who helped (and W_Tracy in the P.M.). I finally got it! Just don't ask me to write a book about it, as I'm still not sure what transpired !! lol I'll leave that to the pros like W_Tracy, Shawn, et al. Thanks again everyone

sidekick said:
I have to say like I already like some of the features (especially the "moving positioner" feature)
I really liked it at first... then I realized that the dish had arrived at it's position LONG before that message goes away. It pretty much cycles three passes on the bar no matter what.

I guess it's an improvement over the 'No/Bad Signal' message.

The new scan options rock :).

Shawn

I'm hoping I can still blind scan. I just tried to do a couple and it didn't work. All that happens is the frequency number bounce around at 00.000 and the 0% signal bibrates somewhat. Oh well ....

Sounds like your Sats / channel list might be messed up.

If you need to start over I have mine as of the 2nd week of August. It has AC3 Audio setup for the PBS channels on AMC3 and ImagineAsian on G10R :). I setup 58w - 148w C and Ku band sats on it. It also has a lot of channels left on it from feeds etc that have come and gone but those would be easyto clean up. If I get bored I'll fix it :p .

Rt-Click, save as.
My Coolsat channel / sat list

Use at your own risk, no warranties implied or expressed etc.

In STBTool, use the channels tab and the download radio button. Browse to the file, hit 'connect'.

This will blow away your channel list and drop mine. If you want to look it over first, open the file with NDFEdit.

Shawn

I forgot, You can backup what you have now by using the 'upload' radio button and specifying a file name.

Shawn

sidekick said:
I'm curious why the channels and sats would be disturned?
This file contains satellite / channel information and will over-write the the satellite / channel information stored on your reciever.

One more thing.... the C-band sats probaly have a 'wrong' position as I had them offset for my offset LNB. Again, easy fix.

I need to fix this file I think - lol.

Shawn

The more I'm playing with the 1.3 update, the more I think I'll just do a factory reset. The "moving positioner" feature has already gotten on my nerves ... that combined with the blind scan bug has shaken my faith in this "upgrade". I should have stuck with the "if it aint broke - don't fix it" mentality.

Factory reset will still be 1.3:).

Don't do anything rash. 1.3 isn't perfect but made the Coolsat a much better receiver in my eyes.

If you want 1.2, you'll need to d/l and flash it. I think it's still on coolsatUSA but if you need it I have it on my web server too.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn ... I guess I'm just not used to updates making things worse. I used to be able to blind scan, now I can't. The channels/sats are messed up, etc. If I had more hours in the day to play with it to remedy someone else's problems it wouldn't be so bad. Oh well, it's late, perhaps I'll feel differently in the morning. I wouldn't bet on it - but you never know.

sidekick said:
Thanks Shawn ... I guess I'm just not used to updates making things worse. I used to be able to blind scan, now I can't. The channels/sats are messed up, etc. If I had more hours in the day to play with it to remedy someone else's problems it wouldn't be so bad. Oh well, it's late, perhaps I'll feel differently in the morning. I wouldn't bet on it - but you never know.
I don't have any doubt that you'll get it straightened out.

Half the fun (and pain) of FTA is setting it up. I must be a glutton because I actually like figuring this crap out :).

AC3 audio and the new scan options made the 1.3 firmware a winner for me. Some others (besides you) liked 1.2 better. That's what's great with FTA - set it up however you like!

I did a quick clean-up on the channel list and fixed the c-band sats so that they are 'right' with USALS. The only ones that might need tweaking now are the DBS ones (110/119 etc) just because they are set to 1.2 vs USALS. set as is appropriate for you:

Fixed Coolsat Channel / Sat list

If you just want the sat / transponder list you can delete all the channels in NDFEDit or via your receiver.

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
It also has a lot of channels left on it from feeds etc that have come and gone but those would be easyto clean up. If I get bored I'll fix it :p .

Don't fix it. Those feeds you had are still being used throughout. I have seen quite a few good feeds using your list. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Not picking up during blind scan

Possibly looking into a new fta reciever - any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)