HDNet News Channel ?

roachxp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 13, 2005
Massachusetts
Well with news floating around that Dan Rather might get a 1-hour show with HDnet, and with Rather leaving CBS I came across and interesting article. I know it's from the Inquier but aleast 75% of the time they are right.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32498

PS...What if Cuban wants to compete with HDNews, so if the future he has a nice HD library like Rainbow Media which Cuban can sell to other news broadcaster when they go HD. You never know :)

Last edited:
There's no need for HDNet to complete with HDNews IMO...there's no money to be made in a 24/7 HD news channels. I suspect we'll see various experiments with news shows on HDNet, but I don't think M. Cuban will throw big $$$ into creating a separate news channel. Plus, the competition is going really going to heat up next year or two when the well-known national news organizations (ABC, CBS, FNC, CNN, etc.) go HD. While a novel idea, HDNews has largely been a failure in marketing their product; after operating for more than 2 1/2 years they are only available on DishHD.

Locally, my local CBS broadcast 5 hours of HD news daily. Rumor has it our local Fox news will be going HD in the fall. Given a choice, most people will opt for watching their local news. I'm sure there will always be a need for HD content (like a Rainbow Media), and I'm sure HDNet could fill this niche, but I don't see HDNet running a news channel.

Kinda OT but look what Mark Cuban is up to

Weekend Premium Primetime HDTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)