HDNET Keeps Looking Better All The Time

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Tonight's Bikini Destinations and A Minute With Stan Hooper are the best HD I have ever seen in my life! :) Those of you who know how I criticize Voom for their PQ know that this is no idle praise. :p

The picture was sharp, clear, vibrant and just POPPED! :eek: I was in Heaven. I swear, I could feel the surf on my face and feel the sweat dripping off those gorgeous models. :yes

Way to go Dish, you are setting the benchmark for HD PQ.

Of the HD package, I've found that HDNET does have the best picture. I receive HD OTA via a separate STB and it out performs the 811 in PQ. I assume because E* is really compressing the HD stuff. Maybe with the new satellites, they'll quit compressing so much.

Petemc11 said:
Maybe it was the subject matter? :D
I see your :D but that is not the case, I watch this show every time it's on and last night was just eye popping :shocked and the PQ was great too. ;)

As far as compressing, Dish has HDNET and HDNET Movies on a single transponder, so they are not being crunched as much as they could. DiscoveryHD is sharing a single transponder with 2 other HD channels and it still looks better than any Voom channel. I hope that will change when Voom fires up the new encoders.

CBS is great, but as I said, the BD on HDNET Monday night has blown away ANY HD show from ANY channel, OTA or Sat that I have ever seen, and that is saying a lot.

Problems Recording from 921

noob question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)