HD upgrade today

gatorjay

Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
illinois
Today I got Dish HD upgrade installed. After going thru many CSR's and an email to uncle Charlie @echo.... i received HD upgrade for $100 bucks. I asked for a VIP722, well they gave me a new VIP722k. My only gripe to this point is no componet cable in the box, just a RCA cable. my tv only has DVI or component. so right now i am making due with the RCA's and a left/right audio hooked into the component 1 input on my Hitachi 57" Also a note: no S-video output available on the 722k. and their seems to be a soft whistle/hum noise from the box... picture looks good, and will make due until i get a DVI to HDMI, or component cable. I did get starz/hbo, and platinum hd free for 3 months, and cinemax for a penny for 1 year.

OLD SETUP :625DVR w/AT250
NEW SETUP :722K w/AT250 & HD GOLD

Congrats on stepping up to HD! Only difference between RCA and component cables is paint color, so unless you have to have actual component cable for your own sanity, the wiring you have done will do no different. I'd upgrade to an HDMI cable, though. As far as the S-Video output, it is unnecessary on an HD box. For non-HD, a 522 or the 625 will have the S-video you need. And the box hums because there is a hard drive spinning in it and a fan cooling it off. Have fun with the new equipment!

722 OTA recording / not conflicting / not recording either!

My dish 508 receiver don't show my recorded shows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)