HD Upgrade Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan0541

Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
You guys have a great deal of information and I have received a great education reading this forum for the past few months. I have a couple of questions that pertain to my specific situation.

I have been a D* subscriber for slightly over a year. I have a Samsung SIR-TS360 High Definition receiver that I got directly from D* when I subscribed to their basic service and their HD package. I live just south of Little Rock, Arkansas (DMA 57). I get excellent OTA reception for my HD network (NBC,ABC,CBS and Fox) viewing with a small indoor antenna. Shortly after I subscribed I “moved” to Memphis, Tennessee (DMA 44) to be able to get their local channels because I have property there (the recorded installation address for the dish) and I do a lot of business there and need to keep up with their local news. I get my Little Rocks news via my OTA and my Memphis news via D*. My bill comes to my Little Rock address.

My questions are:

Will I receive a free HD dish and receiver upgrade when the Memphis DMA (installation address) or when the Little Rock DMA (billing address) has HD availability?

How much can I expect to spend if I want to add HD DVR capability when it becomes available and should I take advantage of this at the time of e anticipated free HD receiver upgrade?

Since I have the D* HD package now, are the anticipatede satellite positions such that will I be able to “see” the Memphis HD feeds and retain that capability or will I have to switch to the Little Rock locals to get Network HD service?

OK I could be completely wrong here but when memphis comes online you would be eligible for the HD locals however it is my guess that they are going to want to install the dish at the Memphis address not your billing address in little rock You could always purchase the dish and receiver and install it yourself in little rock however since they are not broadcasting there is no way to say that when the Memphis HD locals go online that the spotbeam will reach little rock.

Af far as the Mpeg 4 HD Dvr no one knows how much it is going to be yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

protection program and 1/2 year agreements

2-year commitment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)