HD Subscribers???

I'll preface this by saying that its totally opinion not fact. I use an X1 projector for watching HD. I looked at a lot of HD sets in the 30"-40" range, but couldn't see that much difference from the better SD sets, some but not enough to justify the price. When I looked at the difference between HD and SD on the bigger sets I was amazed. I run a 100" diagonal picture, and HD is awesome at that size. Of course, going front projection instead of rear helps too.

GaryPen said:
It is awesome. But, do you want to watch news, highly compressed local channels, or most regular programming on it? It's a little TOO awesome for that stuff.

Actually, I watch all of the above except for the local channels. I usually watch the digital feeds, HD for ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS when available, on my 811. You're quite right that the SD stuff isn't as good although its usually quite watchable. I watch a lot of stuff from the Sci-fi channel on it. The "awesome" stuff I was referring to was HD though. HBO and Showtime, Discovery, and ESPN when its in HD.

Lost Signal

Eugene Spot Beam and pulling a local?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)