HD PPV in DVD PQ?

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
So last night I used one of my PPV coupons to order "Little Fockers" and the PQ was OK but not as good as other PPV movies I've seen recently, "Inception" and "The Fighter." To me, it seemed like for this movie, Dish just decided to use a DVD, put it in a upconverting DVD player and just used that to broadcast the movie as HD PPV. Another reason I'm thinking they did that was because before the movie started, I saw the FBI Anti-Piracy Warning, the 1st time I've seen that when ordering a PPV movie. So with that in mind, I've go 2 questions:

1. Have there been other HD PPV movies where the FBI warning showed up before the movie started?
2. Did anybody else watch a HD PPV movie and thought the PQ should have been better?

Your post caught my eye, ckhalil18, and I wanted to help you with it. The HD feed for our Pay-Per-View movies is presented in 1080i; so if you order a movie in HD, you will get the 1080i HD clarity.

Let me know if you have any questions.

The warning is on every ppv from dish. I watch lots of them. The quality has always been good.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I have definitely seen the warning. I can't for sure say everytime, but I think so. Movies I have watched via PPV have looked pretty good. but I can't say for that particular movie. Are you sure you watched the HD version?

I have definitely seen the warning. I can't for sure say everytime, but I think so. Movies I have watched via PPV have looked pretty good. but I can't say for that particular movie. Are you sure you watched the HD version?

I'm pretty sure last night was the 1st time I saw the warning. And I agree that PPV movies usually look pretty good. It's just this time the PQ didn't seem to be on par as with all of the previous times I've used it. I don't know, maybe it was just a one-time fluke or something. I still have 2 PPV coupons left to use before they expire on May 9 so we'll see what the PQ looks like the next time I order PPV.

Maybe it's as simple as the movie itself was not done well? I read reviews sometimes of how this or that movie transfer doesn't look as good as this or that one..
Maybe no different than some shows just look fantastic in HD, others look good, not fantastic?

Maybe it's as simple as the movie itself was not done well? I read reviews sometimes of how this or that movie transfer doesn't look as good as this or that one..
Maybe no different than some shows just look fantastic in HD, others look good, not fantastic?

+1 until you see the BD version of the film it might only look as good as it did.

Satmaps Malfunction?

May I add another Sling?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts