HD/OTA Installation - Should I be concerned/Upset?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JeffreyDJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Nashville, TN
HD/OTA Installation - Q's Inside. Should I be concerned/Upset?

When I was moving my OTA antenna I went to unhook the COAX that hooked the antenna, I was expecting a diplexer. Instead, I find that 3 wires from the sat and 1 wire from the antenna are feeding directly 1-1 to the feeds.

In other words, for the living room, where HD was installed:

Sat1 --Line1
OT/ANT--Line2
Sat2 --JUST HANGING

Master Bedroom, where DirecTivo is:

Sat3 --Line1
Sat4 --Line2

I was expecting a Diplexer, because he mentioned he'd be installing one. I had planned to get an HDTIVO and put in family room, moving HD SAT to bedroom, and ditching SDTivo.

* Should I be upset there is no diplexer involved?

* Is it not a big deal, and I just invest in my own diplexer when the time comes?

I can take a picture if that'll clarify.

If their are 2 lines for your SAT into the main room, PLUS a run for the antenna you should be happy.

There is not really any advantage to using a diplexer as compared to not running one. In fact i'd rather not have one.

Nope. Two lines existing into family room only. Used to have DirecTivo in there. Now, still two lines, just one is only antenna (thus the dangling SAT coax which he unscrewed). This, even though I told him specifically what I planned to do .

Decided it's not a huge deal, I'll just do it myself when the time comes. I think he just took the easy way out, which in the whole scheme of things kinda sucks, but I guess I won't complain now.

So ... When/If I get DirecTivo in family room, I'll probably run a split dedicated antenna signal to both TV's myself.

Heck, I may just wait for MPEG4/Locals, and let D* fix it when I'm upgraded. Being Market #30, there's no telling when that is, though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Does DirecTV alter power on its local channel spot beams?

OTA Antenna Installation Pricing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)