HD irony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

landlocked

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Columbus, OH
Isn't it kind of sad that DTV can boast about HD programming but can't even offer the one large channel they own, FX, on its satellite network?

Geesh -- throw us a bone and at least upconvert it.

No.

Fox can't the offer a channel that doesn't exist.

The may be related to Fox but they have little influence in telling when one of Fox's networks goes HD

BFG said:
No.

Fox can't the offer a channel that doesn't exist.

The may be related to Fox but they have little influence in telling when one of Fox's networks goes HD

FOX HD? A phantom, to be sure. Wouldn't Rupert actually have to spend money to do that? I'd really prefer to get the rest of the movie channels in HD than to try to get a channel which does not exist.

Maybe they could come with a good lease deal so that consumers could lease a special receiver which only got FOX HD? New channel-FOX HD! Lease it now. Two year commitment!

Ok, so maybe they don't have control - but don't they at least have some influence to get an upconvert? Isn't that what (supposedly) TNT is?

landlocked said:
Ok, so maybe they don't have control - but don't they at least have some influence to get an upconvert? Isn't that what (supposedly) TNT is?

I wish SOME people would do a little research and TRY to get a clue before they post! TNT HD shows hd content when it is there, like for NBA games, Law and Order, et al, but upconverts and stretches sd programming.

Relax, dude. I was just going on some research I found in THIS very forum. The fact a small percentage of true HD programming doesn't change the foundation of claim -- that DTV is OK with putting upconverted content on.

landlocked said:
Relax, dude. I was just going on some research I found in THIS very forum. The fact a small percentage of true HD programming doesn't change the foundation of claim -- that DTV is OK with putting upconverted content on.

I do not know what the exact percentage of hd vs sd is, but there is quite a bit of hd.
You could not have done much research.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

STO Sox Indians game MLB EI

HD Receiver and Analog Stations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)