HD DVR Install w/R10 and old Hughes DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rm2

Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
I got a HD DVR for $249(after $150 instant credit and $100 MIB) from the D* retention group, plus I ordered a new R10 SD DVR for $100.
My current receivers are a Hughes 35hr DVR, plus 2 additional standard receivers. I ordered the r10 so I would need 8 outputs and D* installation would provide a 5x8 multiswitch for free(the retention rep said that the installer would provide all necessary equipment to complete the install).

The CSR said only one MIB per account, but I thought I saw somewhere it was 2 per 6 months, a least that was the limit on DVR orders. Which is true?

Regarding HD local programming the Los Angeles/Orange County, my understanding that the 4 networks are in the HD package. How does this compare to OTA signals? Some talk in the forum that OTA can be better due to compression by D*. Do I need an OTA antenna in my area? D* said the antenna they provide for $50 is a clip on, which I have not heard good things about, but I would like the diplexers when they do the install.

rm2 said:
The CSR said only one MIB per account, but I thought I saw somewhere it was 2 per 6 months, a least that was the limit on DVR orders. Which is true?

The rep was correct. One rebate per household, period.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVR's and monthly pricing

Sound problem with SHO-HD last night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)