HD DuoDVR VIP722K Recording Programs NOT ON TIMER On its Own

chasingmyshadow

Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
wv
We just got this receiver a month ago and from the beginning it has been recording shows that are not listed in the Timers section. It happens, over night, when the tv's are off. We have the updates set to download around sometime between 5 and 7 AM, not sure when. It seems like it is around that time that it records programs on its own. Sometimes they are 5 minutes sometimes over an hour..it varries. They are always programs that we never watch...sometimes infomercials, sometimes kids programming, random things with no logical connection. If we have something set to record, say around 8AM, it will usually skip it.

Do you have close neighbors with Dish? If so, could be their remote address is the same as yours. Try changing it if this might apply.

It's a bit of a longshot but check your DishPass timers which look for user defined key words. I remember a ways back I had a DishPass timer to record a particular show, but the logic said to record anything with 'XXXX' in the title, which was the title of the show. Unfortunately that word was a common word so every show that had it in the title (and possibly description) was getting recorded.
Miner

Those are downloads from Dish they aren't originating from your receiver. They at times download programs to us they are promoting, it may be part of carriage agreements. And before you ask, no you can not stop them from downloading. :) This is not something new, what is different now is only one (the same one) gets the downloads, my other receivers never get them.

You should look at what is to be recorded. Use either Menu+7 and page downs to examine the list.

Or you can press DVR 3 times and see the same thing, although the return path using cancel/done will be different.

It's always a good idea to look at the list to check for conflicts, some of which might not have been there when you selected the programs.
-Ken

Resolved, Miner

Thanks to everyone for your assistance. I figured out the problem, i had it set to record 'ER' (which I guess hasn't been on tv in quite some time anyway so I just removed it) but it wasn't set to exact match... so it recorded everything with the letters "er" in the title. I tried setting a new Dish pass for it and marking the 'exact match' box and that took care of the issue.

Thanks to Miner, your answer was closest to my problem.

I'm making a new thread for this issue, but would anyone have any idea why when using a Two room receiver the second remote would have a problem working when the first tv was on?

Help me decide!

Dish e-mail about Free Starz a month late...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts