HD Channes Moved, ABC HD Now on 119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
Lots of changes this morning. ESPN is back on 110, HD NET on 110. ABC E W and NBC E on 119.

Good news for me, I only get 101 and 110. 119 is blocked. But I do move in a week and will get all of them!

If I get the East ABC should the West be on to at no additional cost?

hmm.. ok... well i get abcE now, but when I turn it to the west it says not subscribed.... strange

yukon said:
hmm.. ok... well i get abcE now, but when I turn it to the west it says not subscribed.... strange

You will only get both East and West feeds if you have waivers for the network affiliate or if you qualify for DNS. Of course you have to pay for them as well, I think it is 2.25/Month per network. If you get the HD feed because you are in an Owned and Operated network affiliate area, then you will only get either the East or West feed.

geez gotta love all the laws and rules.. Ok maybe its O&O but how do I know that?? They didn't turn it on.. they told me it was a waiver..... who knows...

I sure am really getting screwed by this DNS deal. Where I'm at the are NO HD channels OTA. Yet when I sent the waivers in to CBS, ABC, FOX, and NBC all but NBC denied me. Which is really stupid.

So maybe send them a letter saying that you are going to do a signal test for their digital signal and they get to pay the bill and you still get the DNS service :)

Bleaah.

Thanks to tree issues, I can't get 110 without setting up a third dish.

So I lose HD-Net and ESPN and get WABC-HD, while I have a perfect HD OTA from WPVI-HD.

Grrrr. I'd kill for a good local installer, but there aren't any who meet my standards. (I'm an ISF tech and a THX Level II certified theater designer)

Maybe one of those new, giant dishes will help after the transition to MPEG-4. But I'm not holding my breath.

colofan said:
So maybe send them a letter saying that you are going to do a signal test for their digital signal and they get to pay the bill and you still get the DNS service :)

won't work for digital there is no provision in shiva for digital challenge only SD if you can get SD then your screwed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FOX HD feed from New York

ESPN2 HD and other channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)