having issues with Mutliple lnb on c band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
IMG_0614.JPGIMG_0616.JPGI added a second LNB to my solid 8 ft dish centered on 99W, to get 105W for my 4DTV receiver. I was surprised that I received a good strong signal at 6 degrees off center and without an additional scalar. I tried without the scalar to determine the exact location, planning to add the scalar later, but the signal was so good, that I never have added it. Those are 2" pipe clamps from Lowes.

View attachment 77545View attachment 77546I added a second LNB to my solid 8 ft dish centered on 99W, to get 105W for my 4DTV receiver. I was surprised that I received a good strong signal at 6 degrees off center and without an additional scalar. I tried without the scalar to determine the exact location, planning to add the scalar later, but the signal was so good, that I never have added it. Those are 2" pipe clamps from Lowes.

For a minute there I thought I was reading my own post. :)

Y'all got me wanting to do this again, just to experiment around.

I'm receiving 3 ITC channels with a solid 72% signal. I just can't get the "CBC" MUX as well as "Family TV" for some reason. I'll try adding a scalar ring this weekend. Although a solid 72% signal is very good considering that the highest signal from Galaxy 16 (centered with scalar) is LeaSea with a 74% signal.

Last edited:
Family TV/KCHF (3791 transponder on 99W) I cant get either on my 6 footer. Use to come in. Dont know if its still there

CBC being S2 requires a more precise aim ;)

i would have to guess that since our c band dishes are round and not elliptical they are not the best for multi beam setup.

i would imagine for every degree you go off the bore sight, the gain drops dramatically.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishpointer Augmented reality App

Programming Fortec Lifetime Ultra FTA receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)