Hauppauge Nexus-S Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mathu

Original poster
Apr 20, 2005
I've read all the rules and posts as best I could so if I do something wrong please don't be too harsh.

I'm new to FTA and thinking of getting an Hauppauge Nexus-S. From what I've read here the Nexus-S sounds like a good satellite card.

However, my wife's Aunt just gave her a Sony Hi8 camcorder. This means I will need a video capture card as well. I realize the Nexus-S doesn't have any A/V connections but that's not a problem. I would like to know if anyone here has any experience with the Nexus-S making it function as a capture card for Hi8 video? Is there any technical reason (besides the lack of A/V ports) that would prevent it from capturing Hi8 Video? Has anyone actually tried?

No, you cannot use it other than intended use....

The input on this card is designed for digital data only in the form of DVB. Your camcorder outputs an analog signal only. Another thing is that it only takes in certain frequencies through the digital rf input. You would have to modulate the signal to make it like either a high frequency c-band or ku-band signal or a signal within the channel limits of the UK, since it uses their OTA television standard and not the U.S. standard. If it was possible to do all this, not only would it be more trouble than its worth, it would be the most costly and inefficient way to capture what you are wanting to capture.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat 2000V Receiver

unable to get GolTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)