Hats, Lids and Caps

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Hats, Lids and Caps. Whatever you call them, do you have a favorite? Do you buy new hats of your favorite teams often? Which style do you like the best? Do you plan on getting a new one to show your un-dying support to your favorite team?

HD, why don't you start us off with YOUR favorite hats?

(I ask this because I remember a picture of you and your wife at Browns camp)

attachment.php

For a while now, I've been digging the broken-in, adjustable style hats such as this one......

pMLB2-1290931dt.jpg

But this summer, I'm thinking about getting a new one. I really like the Alternate Throw-back hat the Tribe introduced last year. Of course, I wouldn't be one of those tools to not bend the brim or keep the stickers/tags on either.

What do you think? A cool navy blue with a simple block lettered red C. How sexy, huh?!

pMLB2-4266150dt.jpg

I go with the standard ballcap, and have many including some sports related. I have 2 Steelers caps that I actually bought during the 2006 playoffs. I "recycled" them (and my "Terrible Towel"!) for the latest series and SuperBowl. But I tend to put them away after the buzz dies down. I wear a ballcap daily and am very hard on them, so my "good" ones are reserved for special occasions. Certainly the weeks surrounding the SB count...!

(My Pirates caps are in permanent mothballs...)

For a while now, I've been digging the broken-in, adjustable style hats such as this one......

pMLB2-1290931dt.jpg
I really like those style hats. I've got one that looks almost indentical, it has an NC instead of the Indian logo and is fitted not adjustable.

I have given up on wearing ballcaps. I now have a nice collection of fedoras and the like that run the scale from fun straws and panamas for day games to classy, dressy ones for work and evenings.

What I still wear (when necessary out here) are two Angels jackets...one the official MLB issued Majestic jacket...the other is a red pleather with Angels across the front and back and logo on the left shoulder. That sucker is one warm mother in the rain and cold!

I also have splurged over the years and gotten the set of three Carriage House leather attache, gym bag and large carry-on bags each with the Angels logo branded into the leather. They are VERY classy and I get compliments on them all the time. I should...they cost a FORTUNE!!!!:cool:

Last edited:

pMLB2-1290931dt.jpg

That exact hat, but in tan, is my current hat of choice. Unfortunately, my dog got to it when he was a puppy so it looks extra broken in.

Looks like the team shop rolled out a relaxed fit/ adjustable version of the Block Letter "C" hat I liked.....

hwl

hwl

Best of both worlds. I can never figure out what size I need for those fitted New Era hats. I may just go with this one and play it safe....

frankhat.png

Hats can give you a feeling of effortless cool and manly confidence. Few people loved hats more, or wore them better than Frank Sinatra. He was constantly playing with the idea of angling and tilting his hat to convey different attitudes. Here’s how Frank wore his hat to reflect his mood:

• Wear your hat pushed back to seem more open and accessible
  • Tilt your hat over your eyes to seem mysterious and intimidating
  • Tilt your hat up 1 inch from completely straight to project an all-business attitude
Hat Etiquette

In adopting the hat as your signature piece, you must also accept the responsibility of hat etiquette. Often ignored, hat etiquette will show that your uniqueness extends not only to you choice of headwear, but to your manners as well.

• Promptly remove your hat upon entering an elevator, restaurant, or someone’s home. Never wear your hat during a meal.
  • Touch the brim of your hat lightly when greeting a friend.
  • Raise the hat by the crown when meeting a female friend in public.
  • Remove your hat during the national anthem and place it over your heart.

I've got to confess I have a wall full of hats. There are some Roman Pros and a few pre-logo-happy New Eras, many from the Seventies and Eighties. Will have to say that New Era is doing a nice job re-creating some of the retired hats such as the Seattle Pilots. They seem to have the correct design elements, as well as the look and feel.

Although I'm a Met fan, I wear a number of hats, as the urge strikes me. My faves are the classic styles that have never changed or have been brought back: Mets (all-blue), Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, White Sox, Royals, Tigers, Braves, Twins, Cubs, Dodgers, Cardinals, Giants.

My warning to collectors: stay away from American Needle; their efforts at so-called Cooperstown Collection throwbacks are very bad.

Where to start!! I have so many hats I lost count. I am always looking for new "COOL" hats. It took me 7 years to find an "All Green with White Wrtiing" White Sox Hat, I live in Northern California. Right now my favorites are an "ALL Black" White Sox hat and the New A's Hat with the Green, Yellow, & White Logo.

i have a bunch of nhl hats(i support all teams except red wings)
i also have a bunch of baseball hats
and a few football and 1 or 2 nba hats
also bunch of team canada(hockey and baseball) hats
my favorite baseball cap is bluejays stars and stripes
soon to be favorite nhl hat, on its way
La Kings St. Patty's NHL Collection
the whole st. patty's NHL collection is awesome except for red wings of course!
favorite hockey hats right now are
kamloops blazers and kingston frontenacs

Attachments

• bluejay stars and stripes.gif
    bluejay stars and stripes.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 138
  • kamloops blazers.gif
    kamloops blazers.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 223
  • kingston frontenacs.gif
    kingston frontenacs.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 228
  • KINGS ST. PATTY.jpg
    KINGS ST. PATTY.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Funniest posts by a member on 'Sports Section'

Out of Tragedy, Sportsmanship has a Shining Moment....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)