Happy Thanksgivings Everyone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Happy Turkey Day for our US members....and our Canadian folks who will celebrate with family in the US :)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving. Please remember the hungry and donate some canned food to food pantries in your cities. They really need it.

Happy Thanksgiving

From the stogie5150 casa!

Enjoy your day. I know I will. I have the Cuban cigar and the Buffalo Trace bourbon already picked out.

And do me a favor: If you have your Dad at your celebration today, hug him and tell him how much you love him. Mine has been gone now for 6 years, and Thanksgiving was always the beginning of a deer hunting weekend together. Lots of happy hours were spent back then. I miss him terribly. :river

If, like me, yours has passed on too, and you miss him like I do mine, let's raise a glass, and toast him, sometime today. :)

Cheers! :up

(also, after the meal, I intend on gathering up some strong boys and getting them to help me put the Birdview on the motor. I am an evil guy, ain't I? LOL)

This is the original proclamation for Thanksgiving day in 1863.
By the President of the United States of America.

A Proclamation.

The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God. In the midst of a civil war of unequaled magnitude and severity, which has sometimes seemed to foreign States to invite and to provoke their aggression, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere except in the theatre of military conflict; while that theatre has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union. Needful diversions of wealth and of strength from the fields of peaceful industry to the national defence, have not arrested the plough, the shuttle or the ship; the axe has enlarged the borders of our settlements, and the mines, as well of iron and coal as of the precious metals, have yielded even more abundantly than heretofore. Population has steadily increased, notwithstanding the waste that has been made in the camp, the siege and the battle-field; and the country, rejoicing in the consiousness of augmented strength and vigor, is permitted to expect continuance of years with large increase of freedom. No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy. It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and one voice by the whole American People. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union.

In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington, this Third day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and of the Independence of the Unites States the Eighty-eighth.

By the President: Abraham Lincoln

William H. Seward,
Secretary of State
We have much to be thankful for so let us give thanks to He who provides!

Happy Thanksgiving from wild turkey country (the bird, not the bottled stuff :) ).

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Speaking of "wild turkey country", here's a pic I took out of our kitchen window in 2004. :)

Attachments

• Turkeys Kitchen3.jpg
    Turkeys Kitchen3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 137
From the stogie5150 casa!

(also, after the meal, I intend on gathering up some strong boys and getting them to help me put the Birdview on the motor. I am an evil guy, ain't I? LOL)

Hopefully these strong boys can appreciate a good birdview. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We have a lot to be thankful for, not least of which is FTA and this forum. Have a great turkey day, go easy on that third helping.

I'm feelin' pretty well stuffed. - :up
And even though gas is down, I'm stayin' off the roads.
Too many decide to drive when they shouldn't, and none of us need THAT, any day!
And do me a favor: If you have your Dad at your celebration today,...
Some years ago, a buddy of mine used to bitch about his folks.
How they treated him like a kid or a servant, having him fix things around the house.
. . . Worrying about his health, eating, etc.
So, I told him this: Appreciate them while you've got them. They won't be here forever.
See, mine have been long gone, and I really liked his folks.
Of course, I didn't have to spend as much time with 'em as he did. :rolleyes:

That was quite a few years ago (maybe 10), and not a year goes by, but what he reminds me of my words.
I guess he took the suggestion to heart.

Happy Thanksgiving, to all.
Go appreciate someone in YOUR life! . . . even if they drive ya crazy... -- :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone..!!!

It's amazing how first the Turkey gets stuffed
then my belly gets stuffed
and will likely stay that way for a week.......

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to everyone at SatelliteGuys! Missed reading the board on Thursday and Friday, visiting, shopping, and a little sleep in between!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cant find RFD TV

Help with Primestar 85E

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts