Half Channels Have No Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zieen

Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
In the past few months I have started to slowly lose more and more channels. At first, I could unplug my receiver and let it restart itself, but this no longer works.

More than half of my channels come in crystal clear, never a problem, and then there are others that work at first, but after about 3 minutes they start breaking up and become unwatchable, until it says "For ordering information, plase call customer service, ext. 721."

The thing is, there are 2 other receivers on this satellite that have no problems whatsoever, the catch is they are newer receivers and mine is an old RCA DRD430RGA.

Once again, I've never had problems until the past few months and there was nothing to provoke this sudden 'crapping out'. My entertainment center has remained untouched (except for the few and far between actions of dusting) and the cables are safe and out of the way.

Could someone give me some info on what they think might be wrong? Is something probably configured wrong, could the 3rd LNB be bad on my dish? Could a cable have went bad, or what I am assuming is most likely, could my ancient receiver have become TOO old and can no longer decrypt channels?

Any responses would be appreciated, thanks.

try placing the newer receiver on the line that is giving you trouble...if it works fine, most likely your receiver is going bad!

Move the offending receiver to the satellite feed in one of the other rooms that have no drop off problem with half of the channels.

If it does not get all of the channels, the receiver is bad. If it does, move the receiver from that room to the satellite feed that gets only half the channels. If it gets all of the channels, this double check confirms that the offending receiver is bad.

If moving the offending receiver to another satellite feed connection does correct the problem, either the cable or connectors or the feed off of the lnb on the dish is defective. More likely than not, one of the cable connectors is corroded. This causes a voltage drop in the 15-18 volt dc switching signal with the lnb switch reads as below 18 volts, so it fails to switch to one half of the channels.

To determine if it is the cable or the lnb/switch, interchange the cables at the dish. If switching the cables at the dish changes the problem to another room, it confirms that you have a problem with the cable or the connectors. If the cable has worked before for a period of time, it is most likely the connectors.

Thanks Mike500, that's exactly the answer I was looking for, I'll go try some more stuff and and see what happens.

THANKS !!! :) :) :)

if you're getting only half of the channels then you are only getting the odd or the even transpnders, if the problem is not the rec then the roblem is the cabling, switch or lnb depending on your setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Where can I buy a D10-200 receiver?

Only recieving local channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)