Status
Please reply by conversation.

pdwood

Original poster
Apr 24, 2012
ok
We have this set up at the house.
1 directv tivo dvr the new one
2 h25 hd receiver on a swm 5 lnb single wire.

Works great at the house.

I do some camping about 15 miles from the house

I would like to take an h25 with us from time to time.

Bought an identical 5 lnb swm single wire to were we stay from time to time.

The issue is I get 0 0000000 on all the signals. It is like it can not find it. I have use the iphone app to find the sat and have pointed it at those birds.

I was thinking I got some bad equipment, so I took it off and traded out the lnb and the powerinserter. It works fine at the house. And the things at the house are now at the campground.
Still 000000 on all strength.

The only difference I can see is that at the camp ground it is hooked up on a pole on a 2nd story building. Just to clear the los. Would this make my elevation off?
I have changed cables, and not getting anything. But the cables are good I can run a catv signal through them and a picture shows up.

Any Ideas?

I know I can call DTV, but I am trying to learn to do this so when we do travel it can go with us in the rv

We have this set up at the house.
1 directv tivo dvr the new one
2 h25 hd receiver on a swm 5 lnb single wire.

Works great at the house.

I do some camping about 15 miles from the house

I would like to take an h25 with us from time to time.

Bought an identical 5 lnb swm single wire to were we stay from time to time.

The issue is I get 0 0000000 on all the signals. It is like it can not find it. I have use the iphone app to find the sat and have pointed it at those birds.

I was thinking I got some bad equipment, so I took it off and traded out the lnb and the powerinserter. It works fine at the house. And the things at the house are now at the campground.
Still 000000 on all strength.

The only difference I can see is that at the camp ground it is hooked up on a pole on a 2nd story building. Just to clear the los. Would this make my elevation off?
I have changed cables, and not getting anything. But the cables are good I can run a catv signal through them and a picture shows up.

Any Ideas?

I know I can call DTV, but I am trying to learn to do this so when we do travel it can go with us in the rv
Well you need more then just an App for your phone to dial one of these in.

First thing is Plum and level your dish, set elevation and tilt for the area. ( Your hight off the ground will not effect your elevation) you need some type of signal meter, Not sure if you can pull up the H25's signal meter if it doesn't have a signal. If you can set it to signal meter 101 TP 1
But you need to try and get the 101 locked in. Once you do that you should see some kind of a signal on the 99 and 103, you can micro ajust from there

Yes make sure the pole is level.

You can use a compass to find the azimuth. Go on dish pointer.com and put your address and look at the DirecTv 101 swm. And try to use a real signal meter.

Do you have the power inserter hooked up properly?

Yep it is plum/level. Hooked it up like the one at the house. I do have a meter coming. I know with the swm it assigns a freq to the coax. with it coming from my house would I need to change the assigned freq from the lnb swm to the reciever?

Paul

Since the campground isn't far from home, you DO NOT need to change the elevation or tilt. Just make sure the mast is plum and spin the dish around (azimuth) until the signal comes in. If it doesn't come in, you don't have the LOS you think you have (or maybe your home mast ISN'T plumb).

Know also that you can't use an unlimited amount of cable to get from the dish to your RV. SWM has a decided limit on cable length and that probably depends on where the PI is located with respect to the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Owned equipment -- how do I find directv programming?

2nd Rcvr for 2 tv's in same room

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)