h20 and audio sync

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all..

I just got my H20 today and so far so good,exp that on my HD locals, im getting audio sync problems? I think this has been talked about before, but is there a fix for it?? Also, any tips i should know about with this receiver?

Thanks!!

RB

Got the last upgrade on 02/22/06. Having audio sink problems with OTA ( Olympics)
Also, OTA locals do not seem as good as they were prior to the upgrade.

I also commented on this sync issue in "D*Upgrade Woes".... my Sharp LCD may be causing some of the sync issues- have seen this on LCD, plasma, etc. any digital display. I suspect the higher resolution signal from my H20 makes it worse. Before I
got HD, SD did it too- if I used S-Video out of sat rcvr. Composite showed little sync issues, but could be the poor resolution hid effect. I plan to try an HDMI cable, as described in my post, to see if that resolves. In the H20 manual, for sync issues they suggest changing channels, or selecting "list' and "exit" on the remote (this seemed to help somewhat), and last, to reset the receiver. Ultimately, the issue is video delay caused by the display, but could perhaps also be the H20. If nothing else works, I plan to add a digital audio delay line to sync the audio to picture. It might have to be a professional model to get one with fine enough adjustments. Hope that helps. I will post updates as I go through them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

XM Channels

In response tbeckner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts