Guyana

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Drizzim

Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Guyana
Hi everyone im a newbie to the FTA world.
Im located in Georgetown, Guyana. I dont even know what satellites are even available here in Guyana for fta channels. No idea what lnbs to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any help on frequencies, lnb high and low within the viewsat antenna setup menu would also be helpful.
This is what I do have: EagleSTARpro Ku-band LNBF
30inch Dish
4 port switch
Viewsat Ultra
And another LNB unknown brand but it states that it is compatible with Direct Tv Multi Satellite and Direct Tv Dish Antennas

How is your dish mounted? or is it mounted yet? Once you have it erected and on a perfectly vertical pole or mount you should determine your latitude and longitude to aim the dish at a satellite viewable in your area. I think I would start with lyngsat and look at the sattracker for your part of the world, it will list the satellites you can pick up. Look for the ones that show KU frequencies, those will be 5-digit # such as 10700 or 11700 range....the 4digit freq are C-band and require a big dish.

edit: Does the dish have both lnbf on it, what is the model of the eaglestar? Googled that name and seems most of them are circular lnbs rather than linear.

Hi everyone im a newbie to the FTA world.
Im located in Georgetown, Guyana. I dont even know what satellites are even available here in Guyana for fta channels.

A quick look at Lyngsat revealed several satellites with a footprint covering Georgetown Guyana , mainly Atlantic Satellites and a few from Brazil.

Starting with Telstar 12 @ 15.0 west (borderline reception w/80cm dish since the footprint cuts off quickly in Guyana might mean you need a slightly bigger dish)

Hispasat @ 30.0 west looks like a winner for your area and so does Intelsat 903 @34.5 west , Intesat 1R @45.0 west is also excellent for your region , Amazonas @ 61.0 has some activity (worth blindscanning ??), Estrella Do Sul @63.0 also can be watched from your area.

West of these satellites Satmex 6 @113.0 west has a few channels.

I pretty much covered all the satellites you can get , I may have missed one but then again some satellites have spot beams or multiple footprints and not all channels receivable in Guyana can be seen from North America.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Usb Qbox II DVB-S2

91°

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)