Got my system running..got ?s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dashaund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Travelers Rest, SC
Well, I got my gear from Newegg last week. Been working on it...got a Biostar board, an Athlon 64 3200+, and a nVidia 6600GT. Got it all up and running with XP Pro. The only progam that I can even get to lock on a channel is TSReader w/ VLC. It works pretty well though. My concern is the CPU load. Using PBS HDTV on AMC3, running at fullscreen it uses 35%. The picture is a little torn and pixelized, so I turn on deinterlacing in VLC, and then the CPU load shoots up to 85-90%. ERRR! I haven't tried any 4:2:2 stuff, but I'm sure it won't handle it when it uses this much CPU with 4:2:0. Moved over to SBS6 and watched ONN and it runs 15% w/out deinterlacing and 45% with. I've seen posts with guys using smaller CPUs than mine and performing well...do I have some settings wrong? I've turned off everything on the system except for the bare essentials and it runs 1-3% while idling. I also got the PureVideo codecs for my video card, but I can't get them to work VLC...any tips? I really think there's something not optimized. Hope someone can help me out! Thanks in advance!

dashaund said:
Well, I got my gear from Newegg last week. Been working on it...got a Biostar board, an Athlon 64 3200+, and a nVidia 6600GT. Got it all up and running with XP Pro. The only progam that I can even get to lock on a channel is TSReader w/ VLC. It works pretty well though. My concern is the CPU load. Using PBS HDTV on AMC3, running at fullscreen it uses 35%. The picture is a little torn and pixelized, so I turn on deinterlacing in VLC, and then the CPU load shoots up to 85-90%. ERRR! I haven't tried any 4:2:2 stuff, but I'm sure it won't handle it when it uses this much CPU with 4:2:0. Moved over to SBS6 and watched ONN and it runs 15% w/out deinterlacing and 45% with. I've seen posts with guys using smaller CPUs than mine and performing well...do I have some settings wrong? I've turned off everything on the system except for the bare essentials and it runs 1-3% while idling. I also got the PureVideo codecs for my video card, but I can't get them to work VLC...any tips? I really think there's something not optimized. Hope someone can help me out! Thanks in advance!

I use DVBDream for 4:2:0 stuff. Interfaces with the codecs nicely!

I use TSReader for stream identification and 4:2:2 stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

transponders

I am a hacker and am getting banned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)