Got a big huge dish... Not sure what to do with it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
So, my work replaced one of the dishes in the dish farm... the only Ku dish on the lot, so they gave me the old one.

Its definately a biggun, at least 1.2 meters (I havent measured it yet), comes with a Ku Feedhorn (no LNB however), and some broken feedhorn mounts.

The thing mounts to a 2 3/8" pole, with 'set' bolts on three sides, and uses a screw elevation (which is not marked at all)

I am not really sure what I can do with this, I suppose I could point it at AMC4 and get WVGN, but thats a little overkill.

I wish this dish had some markings, then I could read up on it.

The other problem I have is.. where to put it... I live in an apartment, with a very understanding landlord, but I believe that this will be asking a bit much...

Ultratryon.....

Ever thought about putting a feedback forum on your website for your current ongoing project?

Must refrain from noting the subtle joke in the title of this thread :D :D

lilyarbie said:
Ever thought about putting a feedback forum on your website for your current ongoing project?

There is one.. there is provisions for comments on that site.

BFG said:
Must refrain from noting the subtle joke in the title of this thread :D :D

Dish... DISH!... man, and I thought my head was in the gutter... ;)

ok......

I thought those were for you to add your own comments because you've got your own personalized login area and other things on your site that are exclusive to you. Anyway, I left you a comment on your last post from the 22nd of April.

I lost :confused:
Is this a solid dish? If so I would LOVE to have one this size! Get that LNB that most people recomend and have fun. If I had this dish I would mess around with a C band LNB and see what I could get analog first then try digital. But that me.

Find a way to make a moble mount and go to town with it!

Please report back your findings?

ultatryon said:
So, my work replaced one of the dishes in the dish farm... the only Ku dish on the lot, so they gave me the old one.

Its definately a biggun, at least 1.2 meters (I havent measured it yet), comes with a Ku Feedhorn (no LNB however), and some broken feedhorn mounts.

The thing mounts to a 2 3/8" pole, with 'set' bolts on three sides, and uses a screw elevation (which is not marked at all)

I am not really sure what I can do with this, I suppose I could point it at AMC4 and get WVGN, but thats a little overkill.

I wish this dish had some markings, then I could read up on it.

The other problem I have is.. where to put it... I live in an apartment, with a very understanding landlord, but I believe that this will be asking a bit much...

Well.. the dish is too small for c band, in my opinion.. here, I will take a photo of it, compared to a 80cm dish in a minute (I am putting away groceries at the moment.... at least trying, but I keep getting distracted)

photos... I wish I had a ruler or measuring tape here...

Attachments

• DSC01844.jpg
    DSC01844.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC01845.jpg
    DSC01845.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 301
1.2m wide, 1.3m tall...

Ok, I have come to the conclusion that I really cant use this dish.. too big, too heavy to my purposes (especially since I rent the place I am in)

I cleaned it all up except the green stains on the back... If someone here wants it, they will have to pick it up, but $20 and its yours, or I can try to deliver it within a resonable distance, if you pay for gas.

Shawn
I think we both might be screwed....I'm thinking Florida

and who the heck is in your avatar?

Iceberg said:
Shawn
I think we both might be screwed....I'm thinking Florida

and who the heck is in your avatar?
That's Conan O'Brian showing his teeth in HD. It's just a very odd pic - I liked it :).

About as far east, as you are north.. I am in Waterford, Connecticut, about halfway between NYC and Boson along I-95

I remember that thing on conan.. it was the first day we set up the offair HDs here at work..

heh, sorry Ice.. unless you wanted to pay for shipping, but shes a biggun, and at least 40lbs...

Yea, thats the problem I am running into as well.. some home owner needs to grab this, or someone with a really understanding landlord.

Mine is pretty understanding, but he already made a comment about my 80cm dish, so I didnt really want to push him.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Welcome a new moderator to the area

Anyone ever see one of these? not sure what kind of switch it is..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)