Globecast receiver update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jurek1953

Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
usa
Hello,
I own Globecast SE 830 satellite receiver which does not have HDMI or even component outputs.Since my TV set has them both (as inputs), I wonder if there is on the market at least one receiver that would be compatible with my TV.SatHawk PVR 800 maybe?Globecast is really waaaaaay behind the upgrading its receivers.

Please let me know,

George

welcome :wave
I moved this to the FTA area since alot of those Globecast channels are free to air

Let me ask this.....do you subscribe to a channel on Globecast? If so then sadly you can't upgrade the receiver. Globecast will only authorize their (crappy) box
But if you get just the free channels then you can upgrade to whatever you want. Only the scrambled channels need their receiver.

Also, since none of the channels you are currently receiving are hi def...
... and some maybe even not up to US broadcast standards...
... the standard composite video connector is a good match.
Does the SE830 have an Svideo connector? If so, you might try that.

I actually use the multiple inputs on my HD TV to select -which- receiver I watch. - :up
Some component, some Svideo, some HDMI, etc.

Thank you for you all.My problem is that first of all I do subscribe to some scrambled channels and, secondly, my brand new Mitsubishi laser L75-A91 TV set does not have S-VHS input as this technology is already obsolete.My TV inputs are: composite, component and HDMI.I would need an S-VHS to HDMI/or to Component adapter but I do not know if they exist.I am so surprise that Globecast is so behind the new technology, they do not even offer a receiver with component inputs, not to mention HDMI alone!
George

interesting that the TV doesnt have s-video yet has composite connections. My HDTV has Composite (with s-video), component and HDMI

But since those channels on Globecast arent of the best quality, I shutter to think what they look like on a 75" screen :eek:

I am so surprise that Globecast is so behind the new technology, they do not even offer a receiver with component inputs, not to mention HDMI alone!
Okay, here are the simple facts:
- Globecast has been in business for quite a while, and this is their latest receiver
- Globecast doesn't do high quality video delivery, and their receiver is appropriate to the task
- if you are not currently subscribing or expecting to subscribe to Globecast services, then don't use that low end receiver - :rolleyes:
... and don't complain your Pinto doesn't have Porsche performance... it's a PINTO* after all! - :D

* if Pinto isn't familiar, then Citroen 2CV probably isn't either...
... okay, how 'bout this: 1972 VW Beetle...?

S-Video is actually composite, only difference is that the color (or chroma) and brightness (luma) are delivered separately. This helps to reduce "dot crawl" on objects in the picture. HDMI is a component digital signal, while the RCA component inputs are analog. Unfortunately, I doubt that either component analog or component digital would greatly improve the picture on that receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

“March to Keep Fear Alive“™ Might there be feeds for this?

NSS7 coverage on KU Band for East coast of USA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)