Given Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aganno

Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
Hi, I am about to get Directv for my house but I have a question. A friend of mine has Directv Business. He had cancelled 3 Receivers and Directv has never asked for them back as they were purchased through SS, so he says he owns them. He has offered to give them to me. My question is am I allowed to use them and if yes is all that is needed is a new card? The recievers are all HD-DVRS; 1 is an HR24 and the other 2 are HR23. Thanks.

The recvrs your talking about are LEASED, your buddy will find out soon when he gets a bill for not returning them.

If you want to verify that you could use them, call D* with the recvr number and they will tell you if they are leased or owned.
VERY FEW are owned, if your buddy paid $ 500 each for them, then maybe.

IF you don't contact D* to verify them your likely to have issues down the road activating them ... then again, maybe your buddy can do that too, but I would find that if your buddy is a dealer then he would not be telling you the info he has so far.

I will call them thanks. 2 of the receivers were cancelled over 4 months a go and when he cancelled them he asked if he had to return them and they said no. He has not since then been charged. Just to make sure I will call Directv.

I will call them thanks. 2 of the receivers were cancelled over 4 months a go and when he cancelled them he asked if he had to return them and they said no. He has not since then been charged. Just to make sure I will call Directv.
What would be the SMART thing to do, have the recvr #'s with you (not the model number, but the reccvr #)

I never had much luck with Direct getting receivers up given to me. They either were too old or owed a balance. If they are free and clear and were owned the access card dept will be able to send a card for $20.00 and get you up and running. Without a contract you will pay full price for programming from the start. All receivers now must have a RID# or they won't even.consider them.

I never had much luck with Direct getting receivers up given to me. They either were too old or owed a balance. If they are free and clear and were owned the access card dept will be able to send a card for $20.00 and get you up and running. Without a contract you will pay full price for programming from the start. All receivers now must have a RID# or they won't even.consider them.

Don't think you can even activate a recvr without a contract.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rugby world cup

Guides adds