Getting VIP922 Slingplayer to work With Blackberry Torch

mwisniew9599

Original poster
May 13, 2009
Chicago, IL
As you may know, sling/dish don't support this phone yet. After alot of research and borrowing info from other sources, I was able to get around this and wanted to share.

First, you need to get the 1013 version of the player install on your Torch. I used this link, but you can find other sources to do a direct download around sling's validation (they stop the install if you go through their site because they recognize the 6.0 browser).

http://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1013/us/slingplayer_bold_en_us.jad

Once you manage to get the player installed - one note on running it. You have to launch it in landscape mode or you'll get it an error (has to see it as a storm I guess).

From there, to get the slingbox available on the app, I had to jump through hoops. I registered to watch the VIP922 from Dish Network's site, and clicked on the "Go Mobile" link to get a registration code (I think this got me the slingplayer mobile app for free). However, I couldn't get the slingplayer to show up as available in the app. At that point, I had to go to slingbox's website, login with the user name/password I set up on Dish's site when I clicked "go mobile" and add the slingplayer manually. You'll need the finder ID, which you can get on an info screen on the VIP922 by clicking menu twice. Also, right down the slingpassword because the first time you connect to the player from the mobile app, it will ask you for the "admin password" which is what this apparently is.

Hope that helps. E-mail me direct at mikejwisniewski@gmail.com if you have questions because I tried chatting with Dish's tech support and they were clueless.

Mike I would edit your email address just change it to (@ gmail dot com) so that you don't get picked up by any of the bots for the purpose of spamming you.

Timers lost

RETRO 294

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)