Getting D* @ 2 diffrent locations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jakeboxer

Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I would like to get a SD DVR for my mother now(birthday present), and have it installed at her house but have the bill sent to me, I'm sure this is possible.

But.... I would like to sign up for a HD Tivo for my house after the new price drop and rebate in Aug, is this possible? Or would I not be considered a "new" subscriber since I put a system in my mothers house a few weeks earlier?

Should I just wait a few weeks and do it at the same time? Also does any of this effect any rebates or pricing on receivers or programing packages?

Thanks for any suggestions, I hope this isn't to confusing :confused:

If your married put it in your wifes name and use your mothers phone #. Then for you put yours in your name with your home phone #. and have your moms billing addy the same as yours. Im an installer see it happen all the time.your moms phisical addy has got to be her house, especially for trouble call reasons, but you can have her billing addy at your house. hope this helps.

phatnuts, I just made a post about having my brother in Chicago pay my bill so I can get the Chicago locals out here in Phoenix. Since you are an installed, have you seen this before, would it work or would it not work since the D* dish is in Phoenix and not in a Chicago area?

yeah it would work untill you get them switched if you want to. I've seen L.A. locals in kentucky.(had to watch for a while)when you move dont have your service suspended just unhook the box and take it with ya, I called "D" and switched them cause the customer wanted me to.

shramj said:
phatnuts, I just made a post about having my brother in Chicago pay my bill so I can get the Chicago locals out here in Phoenix. Since you are an installed, have you seen this before, would it work or would it not work since the D* dish is in Phoenix and not in a Chicago area?

This would not work. The chicago locals are on a spot beam, no way it reaches phoenix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

can I hack this unit?

Have dish thinking about Direct receiver questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)