GEOSATpro GEOSATpro microHD Support

BigRyan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Texas
Just a few questions:

Has support for this device ended?
Is the firmware source open or available?
Are we on our own now with this device?

I would love to get involved with keeping this receiver relevant, I now work in the computer science department at a local college, although I am a computer maintenance guy, we have a lot of great minds around here that know a lot of programing languages. They will be glad to help out, as for me learning to program, they said there is no hope. :coco LOL!

As Primestar31 said, it's encrypted and locked, I looked at it when I first got mine.

Instead of building a new firmware from scratch for a receiver that already works near perfect, maybe work with a different reciever that has open firmware?

The early firmwares of the HDVR3500 were unencrypted and open, so it can be worked with if you know how. I don't know if the latest firmware versions are open or not.

Some of the A3 firmwares are unencrypted and open too, but I haven't messed with the A3 much, so know little about it.

Both those receivers have issues and could benefit from someone building a new firmware, both are also expensive too, though. :(

Near perfect is being pretty nice. Reboot loop when deleting a channel is a big deal for someone that can't fix it or have the serial to usb ttl cable. Going to the first sat in the list moving dish instead of the sat you are on. I have more. I don't own those other receiver either I have this one and like it.

I have an unused sat with no position assigned in my first position so when I access the menus that will move my dish to the first satellite in the list, it doesn't move my dish :)

Reactions: phlatwound
I have an unused sat with no position assigned in my first position so when I access the menus that will move my dish to the first satellite in the list, it doesn't move my dish :)
I like that! and Now I will have to do that. Have to call it JK 1 at 400W lol!

Have you found a fix for the Audio not tracking the lips, I wish I could change the audio buffer but there is no setting for that.

The reboot loop is only if you delete a sat without first deleting the channels from that sat, not from just deleting a channel.

Not to say it's not a pain, I boot looped my Micro an hour or so after I got it. :)

The only other problem I've had with mine is some record issues, it's touchy on drive and file systems.

To be truthful, I would like to play around with the Micro's firmware too, but it's locked. I like my Micro too, out of the nine or so receivers I have, it's the most reliable.

Reactions: BigRyan
;) Don't do it... These things have no sense of humor and if you tell it there is a 400W it may just lock up on you. LOL
I'm pretty sure that's just a name, LOL, and as long as it has no motor position assigned (which is the point for the NUL sat) I think we will be OK. Hilarious!

I do have a "TEST C" and "TEST Ku" sat in there so I can scan a location without chowning my "REAL" channel list. That's another thing I wish I could fix is NOT erasing custom channel names. Anyone know a trick for that? I tried setting the channel in ALI editor to some setting I cant remember (protected or something) but it didn't work.

I do have a "TEST C" and "TEST Ku" sat in there so I can scan a location without chowning my "REAL" channel list. That's another thing I wish I could fix is NOT erasing custom channel names. Anyone know a trick for that? I tried setting the channel in ALI editor to some setting I cant remember (protected or something) but it didn't work.
I don't use a sat receiver very much. Mostly do the HTPC. My wife rarely uses it so I don't spend a lot of time setting it up. I was thinking if you Change the SID then it will not overwrite the custom channels but will add them instead. Then you can just delete the duplicates.

I don't use a sat receiver very much. Mostly do the HTPC. My wife rarely uses it so I don't spend a lot of time setting it up. I was thinking if you Change the SID then it will not overwrite the custom channels but will add them instead. Then you can just delete the duplicates.
Another good idea, edit the transponder and change the symbol rate by 1 ksym/s or frequency by 1Mhz.

I keep wishing someone would write new firmware for the Azbox Ultra and Elite. But, that's never going to happen either.

AMIKO Think My Amiko Is Going

OTHER Vigica c90 DVBs2 Quad CPU Android (USALS Issue)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)