general instrument dsr4400x

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
would this receiver be a good buy,the seller says it's a non-proprietary receiver.He says he used it for hbo and another one just like it for sci fi....what is non-proprietary? he also said the reason he is selling it is because he changed his headend...explain that to me.

Headend refers to cable-company equipment. The seller must be running a cable system someplace and upgrading equipment.

non-proprietary....commercial receiver
headend...what cable/satellite/uplink companies use. They have numerous racks of receivers in an area...kinda like this (except they would be in a rack bolted to it)
attachment.php

do a search on the model # you posted and the 7150/4800. Those commercial units work decent and most can get both DC2 (like a 4DTV uses) and DVB (regular free to air). They are authorized for scrambled programming but only to cable/sat co's...no you just cant call up and get authorized. I've spoken with someone in the industry and the authorization process cable/satcos can be limited to is amazing ;)
downside is they are limited. I have 3 7150's and they log one transponder at a time...up to 4 max if its hooked up properly (with 4 cable lines coming in)
They can get the free DC2 stuff like the audio on 105W C-Band

Some of the GDMX audio wont come in.

DC2 feeds dont have this issue but some DVB will
Hmm. I'll have to fire it up again. Those GDMX feeds on 99 were what I tried it with. It's been a lil' while but I think they all worked. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MythTV FTA Integration

coolsat 7100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts