Funny Thing: 6 months of free Starz instead of 3 months of HBO and Showtime

Eduardito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I just joined DISH 2 weeks ago and today I took off America's Everything w Latin Pack in favor of DISHLatino Max and my free HBO and Showtime got shut off. I called and the guy said he couldn't give it back but offered Starz for 6 months instead. I thought it was a fair compromise. I really don't follow HBO and Showtime series when they air, I pick up full seasons instead so I didn't into full anger mode.

Hmm, six months of free Starz when all subscribers get it for free for 12 months soon.

Has there been official confirmation of free Starz? What happens if I already subscribe? Can I just cancel my Starz subscription and continue to receive it for the next 12 months?

Has there been official confirmation of free Starz? What happens if I already subscribe? Can I just cancel my Starz subscription and continue to receive it for the next 12 months?

no i asked dish and they said if you have starz now you would get encore or hd premium pack.you could try but cancel now and call back on february 1st or call them and talk to them and ask them :)

If you pay for Starz already you get the Encore channels.

What if you get Starz for free? I upgraded to HD for life and they gave me 6 months of HD Platinum and Starz free. I was getting all of the Encore channels for about a month; today I look at my channel guide and the non-HD encore channels have become subscription.

I don't remember if it was there before, but now there is an Encore Movies a la carte selection ($5). It looks like they separated them out from Starz (except Encore HD, confusing enough for y'all?). Bummer. Even though the encore channels are crap quality (usually not letterboxed, non hd, ect), at least they don't have commercials like the biggest sellout of them all, IFC.

mapezaid said:
What if you get Starz for free? I upgraded to HD for life and they gave me 6 months of HD Platinum and Starz free. I was getting all of the Encore channels for about a month; today I look at my channel guide and the non-HD encore channels have become subscription.

I don't remember if it was there before, but now there is an Encore Movies a la carte selection ($5). It looks like they separated them out from Starz (except Encore HD, confusing enough for y'all?). Bummer. Even though the encore channels are crap quality (usually not letterboxed, non hd, ect), at least they don't have commercials like the biggest sellout of them all, IFC.

The encore channels were on free preview this month, I think it ended today.

Upgrading Dish after 12 years.

Wow! Dish suprised me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)