Fta Scans

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I don't know if this has ever been mentioned before, so I am going to throw it out there.

This is for people that have C, Ku analog and MPEG2 DVB capabilities.

If you go to any C or Ku analog transponder and it has no audio or video, but has a high signal quality, chances are there is an MPEG2 signal on that TP. A high signal is considered to be 40 or higher. Go to the LyngSat chart and look up the satellite and transponder you are on, then manually enter the frequency or make a blind scan. Nine times out of ten, there will be an FTA signal there. If you have an idea of what you are looking for and where it might be located this is a pretty quick method of finding it. This method is quicker than scanning the whole satellite. It is particularly good when looking for sports feeds.

Jim
my analog receivers dont have a meter so would I know via the picture fuzz being different?

I hope you have better eyes than me, all of those fuzzy pictures look the same to me, but yea, I guess you could. I will find a channel with a low signal, then one with a strong signal, study them and let you know.

When I get a hint that there is something there the static looks darker than the normal static. If that makes sense? The screen seems to jump or flicker also.

Iceberg said:
Jim
my analog receivers dont have a meter so would I know via the picture fuzz being different?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trying To Use Primestar Dish

Attention Confession live viewers./.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)